STDs Community
STD Testing
About This Community:

This forum is for questions and support regarding STD issues such as: Chlamydia, Crabs (pubic lice scabies), Gonorrhea, Hepatitis (viral), Herpes, HPV, Molluscum Contagiosum, PID, Rectal Infections, Syphilis, Trichomonas, Warts, Yeast Infection

For questions and support for HPV/genital warts, please visit our HPV Community. For questions and support for Herpes, please visit our Herpes Community.

Please note, this forum does not cover AIDS/HIV issues. Please visit our HIV Prevention Community for information and support.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

STD Testing

I made a horrible mistake and had unprotected sex with a male on May 28th where I was the inserter. I did not think much of it until two weeks after the encounter when I started thinking about STD's/HIV. I rushed to my local clinic on June 11th (2 weeks after the encounter) and took a Rapid HIV-1/2 Antibody Test which came out negative. On June 13th I went to see my Dr. and did the following tests: Chlamydia Trachomatis RNA, Urine, Amplified Probe, Qual (Negative); Neisseria Gonorrhea RNA, Urine, Amplified Probe (Negative); HBSAG EIA (Nonreactive); HCV AB EIA QL (Nonreactive); HIV-1+2 AB EIA (Nonreactive); and T Pallidum AB EIA (Negative). My anxiety went down seeing that I was negative for all these tests but as I did my research, I learned that it was too early to be tested. I ask the man I had sex with if he was "clean" and he said yes. I believed him, which was silly of me. On June 18th (4 weeks after the encounter) I took another Rapid HIV-1/2 Antibody Test which came out negative. On July 3rd (5 weeks - 36 days after the encounter) I was having pains during urination and went back to my doctor and got retested for STD's. I unfortunately came out positive for chlamydia. I took the medication and have been treated. On that same day, my Dr. also performed an HIV-1 RNA PCR test where my result was "not detectable." On July 11th (6 weeks after the encounter) I took another Rapid HIV-1/2 Antibody Test which came out negative. I was experiencing pains and found a bump on my penis. Scared that it could be herpes, I went back to my doctor again. On July 15th (48 days after the encounter, almost 7 weeks) I took the following tests again: Chlamydia Trachomatis RNA, Urine, Amplified Probe, Qual (Negative); Neisseria Gonorrhea RNA, Urine, Amplified Probe (Negative); HBSAG EIA (Nonreactive); HCV AB EIA QL (Nonreactive); HIV-1+2 AB EIA (Nonreactive); and T Pallidum AB EIA (Negative). The Dr. also said that he saw no concern with the bump and that it did not look like herpes. Here are my questions: Are my HIV tests conclusive? I know the window period says 3 months but I did take a HIV-1 RNA PCR test (according to my research, it's a highly accurate test) at 5 weeks and took four antibody tests, the last being at 7 weeks, all of which came back negative. How conclusive is my hepatitis and syphilis test after almost 7 weeks as well? I plan to go get tested for herpes since Kaiser does not screen for this in their STD panel.
580755_tn?1357673215
HIV questions post in the HIV forum please.

Hep questions post in the Hep forums.

Syphilis is conclusive at 6 weeks.
Herpes is test at 3 months for a conclusive result.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
STDs Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
The 3 Essentials to Ending Emotiona...