STD? Yeast infection?
Today I noticed a dark pink spot about a 1/2 CM wide on the inside of my foreskin when it's pulled back. So, it's not on the tip of my penis, but rather on the shaft. Its about a 1 CM away from the head of my penis. It looks flush with the skin. It does not burn, itch, sting, or anything. No discomfort feeling whatsoever. I did, however, start to experience a slight itch on my anus. I did receive unprotected oral sex about 2 weeks ago. Could this be the beginning stages of herpes or a yeast infection?

I have had a yeast infection once before with a similar pink spot on the tip of my penis that was accompanied by small red and white dots, which was about 6 months ago. My doctor prescribed me with Nystatin and Triamcinolone Acetonide cream.  

My questions are as follows:

Since I'm a guy that's uncircumcised whose had one yeast infection, should I expect to have reoccuring episodes?

Why is a yeast infection considered an STD when sex isn't required to develop a yeast infection?

Are there any long-term health problems associated with yeast infections?

What else can I do to prevent yeast infections besides keeping my genitals consistently clean?  

Thank you

you also have a few posts on the herpes forum now about this.

we all have yeast on our skin all the time. many things can cause it to overgrow and we also can pick up different types of yeast from different surfaces and people. it's not considered a std because you don't have to have sex to develop yeast overgrowth.  they can be very common for some folks and come back over and over again.  

if you get more than just 1 spot or you get a generalized itching in the genital area, see your provider to confirm yeast and go from there. it's usually pretty easily treated with otc jock itch creams.

grace
Sorry for reposting. I thought STD's and herpes were two different forums. And I didn't see an option just for yeast infection. Nevertheless, thank you for your response.

Is yeast capable of growing underneath the foreskin, instead of just on the head of the penis?

Is anal itching a symptom of yeast infection?

So if another spot does not develop, or if the existing spot doesn't get worse, I shouldn't seek medical treatment?

Should I use Nystatin and Triamcinolone Acetonide cream on the spot?

If it were herpes, wouldn't it be accompanied with some kind of pain or discomfort?  

How likely is it that the flat pink spot is a herpes symptom?

Thank you

Yes yeast can grow there.
If you had an anal yeast infection then it is possible but rare to have an anal yeast infection.

Seek treatment when something is not normal with yourself.

Herpes questions please post in that forum.
Ok, so now the small pink spot went away, but was replaced by 2 very small red/flesh colored dots on the rim of my penis, which is about 1 CM away from where the pink spot was. One dot is on the rim of my penis, while the other is on the inside the foreskin when it's pulled back. So, the 2 dots come in contact when my foreskin covers the head of my penis. Make sense? Well, there's no itching/burning/tingling sensation. Last time I had a yeast infection, the same exact events happened in the same order. Except it happened on the head of my penis instead of under my foreskin and on the rim of the penis. Last time I had a yeast infection I did not experience a general itching in the genital area, but I did get an itch on my anus, which I've heard is a common symptom. Do these symptoms sound like a yeast infection?  Should I just use the Nystatin and Triamcinolone Acetonide cream my doctor prescribed me with last time I had a yeast infection?
the cream your provider prescribed also has a topical steroid in it. Better to just pick up an otc jock itch cream and use that to be honest.  

if you have any doubts that this is just your fungal infection reoccurring, be seen for a proper work up.  this doesn't sound like it's herpes at this point.

grace
Update: Under closer evaluation, it looks more like 2 small red smudges/spots, not dots/bumps.

Is there any difference between fungal infection and yeast infection?

What could've caused this and how can I prevent it?

Otc jock itch cream? Is that the brand or what it's actually called?
Is topical steroid good or bad?
In regards to the causes, I meant to specifically ask if stress can cause a yeast infection?
Try the dermotology forum, they are better suited for your questions at this point.
fungal infection and yeast infection are the same thing.

topical steroids can cause skin thinning. they aren't necessary for fungal infections either unless there is a lot of underlying irritation that needs dealt with.

otc jock itch creams - just  means over the counter. many different brands out there. ask your pharmacist for help if you can't find one on your own.

no, stress doesn't cause yeast overgrowth.
Hello
Today I noticed two small dots on my foreskin, kind of on the shaft of my penis. It kind of looks like there's puss in the middle. They also look like pimples/white heads. Doesn't hurt or itch. Could this be yeast infection or herpes? My last exposure was an unprotected blow job over a month ago.
go be seen.