STDs Community
STD and Prostatitis
About This Community:

This forum is for questions and support regarding STD issues such as: Chlamydia, Crabs (pubic lice scabies), Gonorrhea, Hepatitis (viral), Herpes, HPV, Molluscum Contagiosum, PID, Rectal Infections, Syphilis, Trichomonas, Warts, Yeast Infection

For questions and support for HPV/genital warts, please visit our HPV Community. For questions and support for Herpes, please visit our Herpes Community.

Please note, this forum does not cover AIDS/HIV issues. Please visit our HIV Prevention Community for information and support.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

STD and Prostatitis

Hello Doctor,

Sorry for the long discription. I am 31 yrs old male. Almost three years before (Nov 2004) I had protected (used two condoms on my pennis) vaginal sex with a high risk person. She also kissed my lips and I licked her breast. After the incidence, i was fine until Jan 2007. In Jan I got pain around my anal area, and when I consulted my Doc, he said it was fissue. He gave me an ointment, but it didn't go away. After 3 months, in April 2007 I went to the Doc again and he did a colonoscopy, which was normal. He told he couldn't even find a fissure. Two days after the colonoscopy, I started getting a nagging pain in my scortral area (both sides) and in the groin area. I went ot a urologist who performed a urine analysis, general blood tests and scortral Doppler. Urine analysis and blood tests were normal, and scortral Doppler revealed a bilateral varicocele and a right epydidimal cyst. He told cyst was not an issue, and the pain is due to varicocele. He suggested surgery. I consulted another urologist and he did a rectal exam, urine culture, semen culture, abdominal ultrasound scan and urine flowmetry. Everything came out normal and he said I have non bacterial Prostatitis. He put me on Lyrica 75mg for 6 weeks.

Even now, I feel the pain in the groin and anal area. Some times I feel discomfort at the tip of my pennis and somes times a slight clear discharge. When I did some reading on Prostatitis, I found that it can be caused by some STD's. My questions are,

1) Can these symptoms be because if any STD?
2) I was not sexually active after this encounter 3 years before. Can I still get symptoms of STD now (after almost 3 years)?
3) What are the risks of me getting any STD from the above mentioned encounter?
4) I did an HIV spot test and syphilis tests  last week (3 years after the encounter) and came out negative.

Thanks,