STDs Community
STD or Common Problem?

This forum is for questions and support regarding STD issues such as: Chlamydia, Crabs (pubic lice scabies), Gonorrhea, Hepatitis (viral), Herpes, HPV, Molluscum Contagiosum, PID, Rectal Infections, Syphilis, Trichomonas, Warts, Yeast Infection

For questions and support for HPV/genital warts, please visit our HPV Community. For questions and support for Herpes, please visit our Herpes Community.

Please note, this forum does not cover AIDS/HIV issues. Please visit our HIV Prevention Community for information and support.

STD or Common Problem?

Hi, ive had sex about roughly 8 months ago, it was my only time having sex. Maybe 3 months later I noticed a basic looking rash at the base of my penis near my thigh. It may be nothing to worry about but it itches and the girl
I slept with wasn't the cleanest. I could just be scared for nothing but it hasnt really gone away so I'm starting to fret. Another rash appeared recently on the other side under the base of my penis near the thigh again also began to itch. The one on the left is kinda going away.... Should I be worried about this or does it just seem basic these are the only symptoms I have. If it is common how should I get rid of it? Thank you.
you need to be seen and get a proper exam done to find out what is going on. we'd just be guessing.

not likely this is std related. more likely it's a fungal infection but you'd need to be seen to find out for sure.

was your sex protected?

grace
No it was not
It was not however I was stupid and eager, so far this rash is the only thing I have.
since you had unprotected sex, you should cover your bases with full std testing. chlamydia, gonorrhea, syphilis, herpes , hiv and hepatitis testing can all be done now since so much time has passed.