STDs Community
STD question
About This Community:

This forum is for questions and support regarding STD issues such as: Chlamydia, Crabs (pubic lice scabies), Gonorrhea, Hepatitis (viral), Herpes, HPV, Molluscum Contagiosum, PID, Rectal Infections, Syphilis, Trichomonas, Warts, Yeast Infection

For questions and support for HPV/genital warts, please visit our HPV Community. For questions and support for Herpes, please visit our Herpes Community.

Please note, this forum does not cover AIDS/HIV issues. Please visit our HIV Prevention Community for information and support.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

STD question

My girlfriend had period symptoms for about two months. she finally went to the doctor and had some tests done. She told me that the results came back, and she she was told that the results were unknown and that the doctor guessed for the pills and gave her something called doxy and a pack of steroids. she also told me that the doctor said I had nothing to worry about, that I could not have been exposed to anything.

Is it possible for this to be true? should I get checked out? should I go to her doctor and see the results myself? how can results be unknown and i have nothing to worry about and a doctor guess at the pills?

Thank you, i dont know what to do.
7 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
If it were me i would go and get tested just to be on the safe side. If it comes back positive don't panic , its embarrassing i know but its better to be safe than sorry.

The problem with unknown results is that youhope that there is nothing but sometimes unfortunately there is something.

Get tested and then get treated if it is positive.
Blank
101028_tn?1348750963
if she was put on antibiotics, it was because they suspected an infection.  

did you and your gf have full std testing prior to starting to have sex together?

grace
Blank
is there such a thing as an unknown infection in the vagina area that cause bleeding like that for two months?
Blank
what i am worried about, is that she caught something behind my back and is lying about it. i show no symptoms and it has been about 6 months now.. but if she was positive, wouldnt doctor have to tell me?
Blank
101028_tn?1348750963
typically bleeding like that isn't caused by an infection.

no, her doctor isn't obligated to inform you if your gf tests + for something.

Blank
so no chance then that she had caught something like gonorea? that isnt a symtom?
Blank
101028_tn?1348750963
bleeding for 2 months typically is not a symptom.

you are obviously concerned about this, why not you both go and get full std testing together and share results so you can stop worrying?  HIPAA laws keep a provider from informing you if your partner has any infection. Be sexually responsible and cover your bases properly so you stop having doubts like this!
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
STDs Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
Emotional Eating Control: How to St...