STD's and Epididimytis

I noticed slight pain in both of my testicles on Wendesday and went to the doctors on Sunday once there was an increase in the pain. My DR sent my to the hospital to get it checked out. Once at the hospital they performed a urine and blood test and an ultrasound on my testes. The diagnosis that came back was Epididimytis and because my urine was clear they put it down to an STD. The thing is I am married and have been faithful to my wife for a very long time, I have not cheated on her. Now she is thinking that I have some STD even though I have been completely faithful. They gave me an injection and a couple of antibiotics at the hospital to start clearing up what ever it is.

Today I went back to my normal DR and he has performed a complete list of STD tests so I can show my wife I am clean. The thing I am worried about is what could be causing all of this and is it possible I could have a latent Chlamydia infection for years? Any advice greatly appreciated.
not likely a std contracted years ago would be causing this now.

your urine was clean so I"m not sure why they are thinking std's as a cause.

not to further complicate things for you but getting std testing AFTER you had your antibiotics started was inaccurate.

many non-std related causes of this and it's unfortunate that the hospital told you otherwise :(

grace
Ok, I got all my results back and they came back negative and the Dr thinks it is probably just some kind of infection. There was some blood in my urine too. The thing I am now worried about is I got a call back 7 days later after my original tests and my white blood count is high. My Dr does not seem that concerned but whats my to go back and get it tested again in 2 weeks. Should I be concerned about this at all? What could cause it?
if you have an infection going on, regardless of the cause, it will cause a higher white blood cell count. your provider not being concerned means that it's appropriately high with the symptoms you are having.