STDs Community
STDs and neurological problems

This forum is for questions and support regarding STD issues such as: Chlamydia, Crabs (pubic lice scabies), Gonorrhea, Hepatitis (viral), Herpes, HPV, Molluscum Contagiosum, PID, Rectal Infections, Syphilis, Trichomonas, Warts, Yeast Infection

For questions and support for HPV/genital warts, please visit our HPV Community. For questions and support for Herpes, please visit our Herpes Community.

Please note, this forum does not cover AIDS/HIV issues. Please visit our HIV Prevention Community for information and support.

STDs and neurological problems

I just got out of the hospital yesterday. I went to the ER on Friday because I was having vision problems. An MRI found that I had brain lesions. They kept me in the hospital for a few days to discover what was going on. On my third day of my hospital visit I was called with results for an STD check.  They said that I tested positive for gonorrhea. I was treated in the hospital but I am so afraid that I caused this damage to my brain.  Did I ruin my vision and damage my brain?  Is there anyone I can call to get help?

This discussion is related to Forum Disclaimer - Please Read before Posting.
what vision problems did you have??
Auntiejessi will reply you with her answer later...
I was diagnosed with optic neuropathy.  I have pain with eye movement, blurred vision and an extreme right periphery blind spot (all in my left eye)  
I found this one eyes and stds, and it doesn't mention gonorrhea as a cause of that - http://www.hopkinshospital.org/health_info/Eyes/Reading/sexually_transmitted_infections_eyes.htm  

Syphilis can be linked to vision things - did you test for that?  And CMV?

There are a lot of other causes for this, and it is really something you need to follow up on with your doctor.

Aj

I was in the hospital for 3 days.  I am just waiting for a diagnosis now.  My anxiety is growing so I am going to try and talk with my dr. tomorrow.
Well, sure.  This is scary, but the good news is they found it, right?  

Hang in there, and our eye expert forum might be more beneficial for you.

AJ