STDs Expert Forum
STS? - Frequent Urination
About This Forum:

The STD Forum is intended only for questions and support pertaining to sexually transmitted diseases other than HIV/AIDS, including chlamydia, gonorrhea, syphilis, human papillomavirus, genital warts, trichomonas, other vaginal infections, nongonoccal urethritis (NGU), cervicitis, molluscum contagiosum, chancroid, and pelvic inflammatory disease (PID). All questions will be answered by H. Hunter Handsfield, M.D. or Edward W Hook, MD.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

STS? - Frequent Urination

On March 3rd I had unprotected oral sex (both ways) with a provider, and protected intercourse.  5 days later I had a burning sensation when urination upon first waking up and once more after that.  Since then I have been having a frequent need to urinate (no more burning at all, but, at times, the flow appears to be weak).  I went to my DR and she tested the urine with a quick swap and deemed a slight infection (I did not tell her about the encounter).  She said it is most like prostatitis and prescribed a 14 day course of Cipro (500mg).  I am now 10 days into the course and have not seen any improvement in the frequent urination. Curiously, the need to urinate is much more prevalent in the morning and less so as the day progresses.  I did notice what seems to be a tiny 'rough patch' on my penis - it looks like a flake of skin (very small) - it could have been there for months as it is difficult to spot.  No discharge or any other symptoms.

Thank you.