STDs Community
STd oral?
About This Community:

This forum is for questions and support regarding STD issues such as: Chlamydia, Crabs (pubic lice scabies), Gonorrhea, Hepatitis (viral), Herpes, HPV, Molluscum Contagiosum, PID, Rectal Infections, Syphilis, Trichomonas, Warts, Yeast Infection

For questions and support for HPV/genital warts, please visit our HPV Community. For questions and support for Herpes, please visit our Herpes Community.

Please note, this forum does not cover AIDS/HIV issues. Please visit our HIV Prevention Community for information and support.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

STd oral?

I'm a female and I;ve had guys perform unprotected oral sex on me and kiss me on my mouth and finger me. Will I get ANY STD from this? Which ones?
Related Discussions
17 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
you could get hsv1 from unprotected oral sex, if you don't already have the virus.
Blank
are u sayiong the only risk for ANY std(including HIV) i have is herpes?
Blank
580755_tn?1357673215
Very low risk of herpes, HPV and syphilis.
Blank
why am i not at risk for getting gonorrhea, chlamyduia or trich or HIV from eceiving unprotected oral sex as a girl?
Blank
101028_tn?1348750963
overall receiving oral sex is low risk for std's.  not many folks have std's orally to transmit to another plus they don't transmit well in general from the oral area to the genital area.

it's always in your best interest to only give and receive protected oral sex. It protects you, saves you worrying and also saves you from testing repeatedly for them.  

if you need the peace of mind, follow up with proper std testing but really no reason to think you've contracted a std without having had any symptoms and having low risk contact like that.

grace
Blank
Why is it low risk for a woman to catch herpes or syphilis from having a man go down on her genitals w/o a barrier?
Blank
580755_tn?1357673215
Because most people don't have oral syphilis and with herpes if you already have HSV1 which over 60% of the population does then it would most likely not also transmit to gentials.
Blank
oh, so HSV-1 protects against HSV-2? why dont most ppl have oral syphilis? is it b/c the disease doesn't fare well in the mouth?

IS it true that if you never had anal or vaginal sex and never shared needles, then you are at NO RISK for HIV?
Blank
580755_tn?1357673215
I am not sure about that, but I know if you have HSV1 orally then it really will not transmit to gentials.

Syphilis is rare and doesn't do well in the mouth.

Post in the HIV forum.
Blank
101028_tn?1348750963
hsv1 doesn't provide any significant protection against contracting hsv2.

indeed if you've never had anal or vaginal sex or shared needles you aren't at any risk for hiv either. we call it a sexually transmitted infection for a reason .
Blank
Why is my risk for getting herpes from receiving oral sex low, even though HSV-1 does NOT protect agaisn HSV-2?
Blank
101028_tn?1348750963
hsv2 is almost exclusively transmitted through genital/anal sex, not oral sex. hardly anyone has hsv2 orally and those who do, it on average doesn't shed much at all to be transmitted through oral sex.  
Blank
Then HSV-1 rarely transmits to the genitals? what about HIV? what spreads it?
Blank
Sorry I made a typo i meant Hep B. what spreads it?
Blank
580755_tn?1357673215
Post in the Hep B forum.
Blank
101028_tn?1348750963
you can contract hsv1 genitally if you don't already have it orally.

overall the risk of a std from oral is low. you've had no symptoms. no real reason for testing from this.  educate yourself on how to best protect yourself for the future so that you are always engaging in safer sex practices :)
Blank
Is it true that a woman RECEIVING(NOT GIVING) ORAL SEX is really at risk ONLY for herpes, since HIV isn't spread thru saliva, neither is Hepatitis B, and oral HPV is rare, ditto with oral syphilis, and other things liek trichomoniasis and pubic lice & scabies? Also, since the woman's vagina does NOT make contact with the back of a person's throat, she's NOT at risk for gonorrhea or chlamydia either? BTW, i tested negative for gonorrhea, chlamydia, syphilis and there were no marks in me internally in the cervical area, so I dont have trichomoniasis either, and i dont have pubic lice/scabies. I have my hepatitis B shots too.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
STDs Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank