Aa
A
A
Close
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Saliva
yoy
Here is the situation- unprotected hand to gential with female of unknown history-I know what has been posted here - Zero chances, but she used saliva (licked her had about three times) for lubrication-Does this change the story at all?  I would assume HIV is Zero as saliva can reduce it and no documented case of transmision.  Herpes?  Others?  Is the risk zero and I do not even need to get tested? Do I need to abstain for a given period of time to see if symptoms appear?  I have had general intchy feeling, but I would suggest that is just the worry and concentration on the issue.  Thank you in advance and if redundant please excuse.
Discussion is closed
Cancel
1 Answers
Page 1 of 1
239123 tn?1267651214
Your question suggests you have looked at other threads on this issue.  All I can do is repeat what is said there:  saliva is not a vehicle for HIV transmission; and nobody has ever been documented to have acquired HIV by the sort of exposure you describe.  I do not recommend any STD testing, assuming that is your only exposure; nor do you need to abstain.

Best wishes--  HHH, MD
Discussion is closed
Cancel
Comment
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now