STDs Expert Forum
Saliva
About This Forum:

The STD Forum is intended only for questions and support pertaining to sexually transmitted diseases other than HIV/AIDS, including chlamydia, gonorrhea, syphilis, human papillomavirus, genital warts, trichomonas, other vaginal infections, nongonoccal urethritis (NGU), cervicitis, molluscum contagiosum, chancroid, and pelvic inflammatory disease (PID). All questions will be answered by H. Hunter Handsfield, M.D. or Edward W Hook, MD.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Saliva

Here is the situation- unprotected hand to gential (genital) with female of unknown history-I know what has been posted here - Zero chances, but she used saliva (licked her had about three times) for lubrication-Does this change the story at all?  I would assume HIV is Zero as saliva can reduce it and no documented case of transmision.  Herpes?  Others?  Is the risk zero and I do not even need to get tested? Do I need to abstain for a given period of time to see if symptoms appear?  I have had general intchy feeling, but I would suggest that is just the worry and concentration on the issue.  Thank you in advance and if redundant please excuse.