STDs Community
Scabies
About This Community:

Ask questions, get support regarding sexually transmitted diseases (STDs): chlamydia, crabs (pubic lice scabies), Gonorrhea, Hepatitis (viral), Molluscum Contagiosum, pelvic inflammatory disease, rectal infections, Syphilis, Trichomonas, yeast infection. For HPV/genital warts visit HPV Community. For Herpes please visit Herpes Community.

For AIDS/HIV issues, please visit HIV Prevention.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Scabies

Hello Dr.'s,

About 2 weeks ago I started itching badly on my legs and stomach. My legs had multiple itchy bumps but my stomach only had a few. It's gotten worse, though. I am now itchy on my arms and legs, sometimes back, chest, and stomach. Its not just a few bumps... It's many, many, little red bumps. They are so itchy; during the day and a lot at night. My skin on my legs and arms is red and blotchy too, faint though. I have 2 white pimple like bumps on my fingers.

I went to the ER and was diagnosed with scabies/general skin rash. They gave me a cream and a steroid. I used the cream and it made things worse. Now its my forearms, top of my hands, and all over my legs that are blotchy, red, with bumps and itchy.  I still have some itches on my back, top of arms, and chest.

After using the cream I felt it helped. Then it got worse 2 days later after being stressed out. I went to a ReadyCare and saw a doctor and he said it looked like something his granddaughter had and he said the cream worked for her. He gave me some meds that I take in 5 days with a different amount of pills each day. He said not to take the steroid that the ER doc gave me.

What do you think this is? I think it's stressed induced/allergy (possibly) hives. I don't see any boroughs. But all the bumps and the thought of scabies is scary. Please help.