STDs Community
Scabies

This forum is for questions and support regarding STD issues such as: Chlamydia, Crabs (pubic lice scabies), Gonorrhea, Hepatitis (viral), Herpes, HPV, Molluscum Contagiosum, PID, Rectal Infections, Syphilis, Trichomonas, Warts, Yeast Infection

For questions and support for HPV/genital warts, please visit our HPV Community. For questions and support for Herpes, please visit our Herpes Community.

Please note, this forum does not cover AIDS/HIV issues. Please visit our HIV Prevention Community for information and support.

Scabies

Hello Dr.'s,

About 2 weeks ago I started itching badly on my legs and stomach. My legs had multiple itchy bumps but my stomach only had a few. It's gotten worse, though. I am now itchy on my arms and legs, sometimes back, chest, and stomach. Its not just a few bumps... It's many, many, little red bumps. They are so itchy; during the day and a lot at night. My skin on my legs and arms is red and blotchy too, faint though. I have 2 white pimple like bumps on my fingers.

I went to the ER and was diagnosed with scabies/general skin rash. They gave me a cream and a steroid. I used the cream and it made things worse. Now its my forearms, top of my hands, and all over my legs that are blotchy, red, with bumps and itchy.  I still have some itches on my back, top of arms, and chest.

After using the cream I felt it helped. Then it got worse 2 days later after being stressed out. I went to a ReadyCare and saw a doctor and he said it looked like something his granddaughter had and he said the cream worked for her. He gave me some meds that I take in 5 days with a different amount of pills each day. He said not to take the steroid that the ER doc gave me.

What do you think this is? I think it's stressed induced/allergy (possibly) hives. I don't see any boroughs. But all the bumps and the thought of scabies is scary. Please help.
see a dermatologist at this point for further evaluation.

scabies needs properly treated and your clothing and bedding need properly treated too so you don't keep getting reinfected.  

no reason to think this is a std.

grace
Have an STDs question?
100,000+ doctor answers