STDs Community
Scar in Anal area...

This forum is for questions and support regarding STD issues such as: Chlamydia, Crabs (pubic lice scabies), Gonorrhea, Hepatitis (viral), Herpes, HPV, Molluscum Contagiosum, PID, Rectal Infections, Syphilis, Trichomonas, Warts, Yeast Infection

For questions and support for HPV/genital warts, please visit our HPV Community. For questions and support for Herpes, please visit our Herpes Community.

Please note, this forum does not cover AIDS/HIV issues. Please visit our HIV Prevention Community for information and support.

Scar in Anal area...

I had a fistula in the anal canal that after surgery got infected. it was cut out however, the healing process left a scar inside my sphincter. It is almost like a ring inside my anus that doesnt want to stretch out. I know that there can be anal dilation done to stretch out the scar tissue but it is a very long and painful process. Now I cannot have anal sex, witch frustrates me and my partner. Is there anything else to treat and widen (the 'ring' in the area of the scar is very tight, probably only one finger comes through) the scar tissue. Please help! :(

Tags: anal, scar, narrow, anus
This is the wrong forum for this.  You should post in the gastroenterology, urology or men's health forum.

Aj
Have an STDs question?
100,000+ doctor answers