STDs Community
Sex with a prostitute

This forum is for questions and support regarding STD issues such as: Chlamydia, Crabs (pubic lice scabies), Gonorrhea, Hepatitis (viral), Herpes, HPV, Molluscum Contagiosum, PID, Rectal Infections, Syphilis, Trichomonas, Warts, Yeast Infection

For questions and support for HPV/genital warts, please visit our HPV Community. For questions and support for Herpes, please visit our Herpes Community.

Please note, this forum does not cover AIDS/HIV issues. Please visit our HIV Prevention Community for information and support.

Sex with a prostitute

Thank you in advance for a prompt response from experts in this forum. I had vaginal sex with a prostitute. I used a condom during the intercourse. Prior to the intercourse I fingered her vagina for about 5 minutes and gave her oral sex for about a minute or so. I also sucked on her breasts. She rubbed my penis with her hands and during foreplay there may have been some external touching of the anal areas for both involved. I am concerned about being exposed to any STDs. Please advise if there are STDs that may be transmitted via such activities and if there are precautions or steps that I can take, such as medicines, etc. that can reduce any threats of exposure from this event. I plan to get tested for STDs in 3 months time.  Thank you again for your feedback.
The exposure you describe was very very low risk for anything assuming the condom stayed in place and didn't break. There is a very small chance of herpes type 2, syphilis and genital warts but I wouldn't worry about these unless you get some very real symptoms. As the expert doctors say most people don't have any STDs and even when they do most exposures don't lead to transmission so try not to worry over this event.