STDs Community
Sexual Transmission of Ringworm
About This Community:

This forum is for questions and support regarding STD issues such as: Chlamydia, Crabs (pubic lice scabies), Gonorrhea, Hepatitis (viral), Herpes, HPV, Molluscum Contagiosum, PID, Rectal Infections, Syphilis, Trichomonas, Warts, Yeast Infection

For questions and support for HPV/genital warts, please visit our HPV Community. For questions and support for Herpes, please visit our Herpes Community.

Please note, this forum does not cover AIDS/HIV issues. Please visit our HIV Prevention Community for information and support.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Sexual Transmission of Ringworm

I have had a skin conditon on my hand for well over a year.  All appearances and symptoms point to Fungal Infection.  I tried prescription Hydrocortisone, which temporarily soothed. I then tried, one at a time to completion, every over-the-counter antifungal known.  All of the Lotrimines, all of the Tinactins even one called Fungi-Nail, active ingredient Undecylenic Acid.  I tried home remidies including vinegar based, even household bleach, (which by the way resulted in a nasty chemical burn).  All appearances of this conditon were like a bad Tinea.  I went to my Docter, she looked at it and said Eczema (no other tests, just looked), and prescribed cortisone again.  I used the cortisone religiously, same result, only very slight soothing.  I wanted to be clear by the time I took my trip to China to see my Fiancee.  But while in China, the infection turned Very Ugly, with sheets of skin coming off to reveal raw inflamed flesh under.  My fiancee took me to a young Chinese pharmacist who took one look and said, "Zhen Zhun", which translates, Fungus.  She gave me an over-the-counter solution called Lang Du, (wolf poison).  I tried it, Extremely Painful like putting my hands into fire.  But it WORKED, Almost.  My fingers are all but normal again, the nails are growing in normal again, but I still have the condition every so slightly on the thumb heel of my hand.  The pharmacist said that if it is too deep she would give me pills to take for a month. Not knowing what I was taking, I declined.  The sexual part of my question, my Fiancee developed, much to my shame and humiliation a sexual condition, of dry, itchy inflamed vaginal tissue, the would disappear during her period, and return at the end.  I was also heartbroken when her Chinese Gynegcologist tested the discharge and said, "Zhen Zhun", a very dangerous and difficult to cure fungus, that was most like aquired by my hand during intimacies.  I read another posting here about a similar incident with a woman and her boyfriend.  Are there documented cases of Tinea being spread sexually.  Since a little young Chinese pharmacist did better at all but curing my condition, I am beginning to trust Chinese Traditional Medicine over anything that has been offered to me, either prescription or otherwise.  Is there a stain of Tinea that needs a more aggressive treatment in order to be cured.  I would very much like to be cured before I return to China, and especially before she comes to America to become my wife.  Any help from the collective will be greatly appreciated.