STDs Community
Should I get prophylaxis???
About This Community:

This forum is for questions and support regarding STD issues such as: Chlamydia, Crabs (pubic lice scabies), Gonorrhea, Hepatitis (viral), Herpes, HPV, Molluscum Contagiosum, PID, Rectal Infections, Syphilis, Trichomonas, Warts, Yeast Infection

For questions and support for HPV/genital warts, please visit our HPV Community. For questions and support for Herpes, please visit our Herpes Community.

Please note, this forum does not cover AIDS/HIV issues. Please visit our HIV Prevention Community for information and support.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Should I get prophylaxis???

Hello all,

Like many others before me I am a guy who has made a few stupid decisions. I occasionally have engaged in some low-risk sexual activities for the last 3-4 years. I was tested for all the STDs including HIV less than 2 years ago. However, over the last 1 year. I have done a couple of dumb things. I had sex, which was completely protected with a middle aged woman (whom I am almost positive does not have any STDs about 10 months ago. 6 months ago I went to an AMP and paid for a massage and got full service, which I was really not expecting. But everything was completely protected and it only lasted about 5 minutes. Around 2 years ago (5 weeks before my HIV test) a random drunk black woman performed oral sex on me for about 1-1.5 minutes. Finally just a few hours ago, I picked up a 40 year old Latina who took $50 from me for drinks and then took me back to her place and had sex with me. This episode was completely protected, but she did seem a bit "slutty" to me. We did make out twice for 10-15 seconds each. The episode lasted for about 12 minutes. I am most concerned about HIV and Hep B/C. Please let me know what my risks are for HIV and Hep B/C, I hope it is close to or virtual zero since all intercourse (vaginal only) was completely protected. I don't want to get tested again because I am currently a grad student and I have a lot on my plate. Also, should I get HIV prophylaxis, which I don't want to get because of its dangerous side effects and my busy schedule??? Please let me know soon, I am worried and would appreciate the info.

Thanks,
Ron
Tags: HIV, prophylaxis, zero chance
101028_tn?1348750963
protected sex isn't worth any worrying about hiv or hepatitis from. syphilis, hpv and herpes are the biggest risks from protected sex and even those risks from a one time protected encounter are very low.

have you had your gardasil shots for hpv?

no reason for any prophylaxis for hiv from protected sex either.

grace
Blank
Have an STDs question?
100,000+ doctor answers
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
STDs Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity