Should I worry?
About 7 days ago I went away on a drinking weekend - it was pretty full on.

On the first night I found myself in a situation that I now regret immensely. Basically I received protected oral sex from a lady that you might describe as being 'high risk of std's' due to the nature of her employment. She provided the condom and I perceived the encounter to be 'safe'. I don't know if it had the 'CE' label was on the condom wrapper, but she appeared to be acting responsibly by putting it on in the first place.

The encounter lasted no more than 60 seconds as I could not become aroused and I did not ejaculate etc.

Oral sex was the extent of the encounter.

In the days that followed I washed my penis so heavily (using scented shampoo / shower gel from the hotel).

3 days following the event I started to feel a burning sensation at the end of my penis. I also had a chest infection and went to see my doctor. I was prescribed antibiotics (amoxicillin) for the chest infection and a test of my urine showed no infection re UTI. The doctor also said that an STI could have shown up in this test as 'protein', but it didn't. He did not appear to be concerned about my encounter.

Since then the pain has reduced and is almost gone, but I have started to develop a tummy / bladder pain, which I have (maybe in my mind) linked to testicular soreness / tenderness. My testicles don't hurt and maybe my constant testing of them is making this worse. I also suspect that the pains are more likely from the antibiotics.

I have sought phone advice from two other sexual health sources and neither suggested testing, stating that I was 'worrying over nothing'. They also suggested that my excessive washing was the cause of my penile burning. Are they right?

I want to be responsible and get tested if I need to. What should I test for? I have even thought about a home testing kit for chlamydia and gonorrhoea to save the embarrassment of going to a clinic (I am in a relationship!), but this is pricey.

Please help.
Protected oral...no risk. Guilt over the situation does not equal risk.
Thanks Vance, everyone keeps on saying the same thing but I can't get past it. I swear, if I read online that one of the symptoms of an sti was blindness that I would believe I was going blind!
Thanks for trying to help open my eyes!
turn off your computer!! you are your own worst enemy from the sounds of things!

keep yourself busy and move forward from the encounter in question :)

grace
Thanks grace. I have seen your comments on a number of threads and it would seem that you might have in depth knowledge in this area? I have found some of your previous comments reassuring.

Can you explain the slight tenderness in my testicles? Do you think that this could be the antibiotics, or is it likely to be linked to an std?

Also, I believe that amoxicillin can be effective against some std's?

Thanks.
We have nothing more to tell you. You have been answered as no risk and nothing is going to change that.