Single bump - How long will it take to go away?
I've been tested for everything but herpes and hpv and for the past 2 weeks I have this bump between my penis and anus that wont go away. I've tried cortizone on it, I've tried keeping it dry and clean but It doesn't change. I can't really see what it looks like, yet It's just raised and skin like. It hasnt oozed, it isn't painful or itchy. My next apt is Oct 2 so I'll mention it then, for now. What is this!? How long does a genital wart last? What other std causes bumps that dont go away? If this was a ingrown hair or pimple it would of been gone =( any advice? (thanks and sorry if this has been posted, I searched through over 15 pages but nothing)
Warts can take several months to go away.  Is it under the skin or on it?

I'd get it checked when you go, if not sooner.

Aj
Thanks, It's on the skin, I can't really see it(heh.) but it feels like a pimple but squeezing it doesn't help so...cant be.It did appear after I shaved the area but ruled it out as ingrown/irritation...  It appeared Sep 3. making it 2 weeks ago..so irritation would of been gone. My schedule is crazy so I cant just go walk in =( If you can suggest anything else that might cause these bump(s) please. I hope it's not hpv/genital. Btw, would genital warts cause ringworm like rashes on thighs? I only have 1 bump, is that possible w hpv?(also the surface is smooth). If it was genital herpes wouldn't the 'wart' burst and heal? Thanks again auntie
You have a rash on your thighs, too?  Its time to make some time to see the doctor.  

It is possible to have one wart, and bumps aren't usually herpes.

I'd be more concerned about the ringworm-like rash.  

Aj
Thanks again Aj, well actually my female partner developed the rash. One ringworm looking and the rest is...like a rash on the thighs - she has no bumps besides those. As for me, I was treated for fungi and dr mentioned the fungi can be passed and cause these rashes on her. True? This is really bumming me out since the 'wart's been on me for so long =(
Also would hpv/g-w cause any non-wart symptoms to the penis? such as irritation,sensitivity or redness to the penis? thx
Yes, the fungus could be passed, quite easily.  Sounds like you both need a trip to the doc.

And no, HPV wouldn't cause those symptoms.

Aj
Thank you so much for your time Aj, you dont even know how grateful I am for having someONE responding. Her apt is next friday and I'm due for my 2nd visit first week in oct for 2nd hep. b shot and hiv results. I _hate_ fungus, I've had this these symptoms for weeks now but they aren't prescribing anything just tell me to use OTC stuff. At least it does cure so I hope its nothing else important or incurable. To anyone happen to be reading this: Use condoms :)

Thx again auntiejessie