STDs Community
Skin Lesion in Groin area

Ask questions, get support regarding sexually transmitted diseases (STDs): chlamydia, crabs (pubic lice scabies), Gonorrhea, Hepatitis (viral), Molluscum Contagiosum, pelvic inflammatory disease, rectal infections, Syphilis, Trichomonas, yeast infection. For HPV/genital warts visit HPV Community. For Herpes please visit Herpes Community.

For AIDS/HIV issues, please visit HIV Prevention.

Skin Lesion in Groin area

I have a dark colored raised area(Furnuncle) in the crease of my leg in the groin area. It is draining a serosanguinous fluid and there are some skin integrity issues related to the drainage. I am concerned about an STD and cannot find much information. I am currently in school in the health care field and cannot pinpoint the issue alone. The area will at times drain bright red blood after palpation. If you could help it would be greatly appreciated
it could be a absess (abscess). they drain like that and i get them sometimes around that area too. Im not too sure what their from but if you get them to drain all the **** out of it, then it should clear up and go away within 2 weeks. Only a guess!
The problem with self diagnosing is oftentimes it's wrong. You have a draining lesion - you need to go be seen and get it checked out.  With the incidence of MRSA related skin issues out there you don't want to put this off.  It's not likely to be a std.  

grace