STDs Expert Forum
Small Tender Bump Near Groin

The STD Forum is intended only for questions and support pertaining to sexually transmitted diseases other than HIV/AIDS, including chlamydia, gonorrhea, syphilis, human papillomavirus, genital warts, trichomonas, other vaginal infections, nongonoccal urethritis (NGU), cervicitis, molluscum contagiosum, chancroid, and pelvic inflammatory disease (PID). All questions will be answered by H. Hunter Handsfield, M.D. or Edward W Hook, MD.

Small Tender Bump Near Groin

First Some History:
I don't smoke, drink, or do drugs of any sort. I have only ever had oral sex, never sexual intercourse. This sexual activity has only been with one person and we are both virgins. Last time I had any oral sexual encounter was about 3-4 months ago. To my knowledge, I have never had any symptom of an STD.

I decided to get tested for STDs as a precaution for when I do have sex. I got tested for chlamydia, gonhorrea, HIV, and Herpes. So far the only test I have the results of are Herpes and I was told they were negative for both types.

Yesterday evening I felt a raised, slightly tender (but not really painful) bump very close to the crease near my leg/scrotum. I went to take a close look. It is at a hard angle for me to see it well. I noticed what looked like a pimple head but this bump was bigger (read: more filled) than any pimple I have ever had. Its location prevented me from seeing if it was red or anything. While inspecting, it popped and some brownish/bloody pus came out. It popped very easily, I didn't try to pop it but it did as I looked at it. I squeezed some pus/blood out and then washed the area with soap. I still have the bump and it is still a little tender but it doesn't seem like it is ready to release any more discharge if it is going to. I tried looking up what it could be and I am thinking its a boil but I'm not sure. I've never had something like this in my genital area. Is it possible that it is an STD? I should mention that I trim, but not shave, the hair near/on/around my penis.

Thank you for your help!
Tags: tender, groin, Oral
Sounds like acne or folliculitis (hair follicle infection).  Pimples and similar problems are common on and around the genitals.  If it heals up and you have no other symptoms, don't worry about it.  If it persists or other lesions appear, see a health care provider.  But don't lose sleep over this in the meantime.

Good luck--  HHH, MD
i get these but quite a few i wondered what i could do about them they are painful and do pop why do i get these i am a bit overweight
A related discussion, I have a hard looks a little red lump near groin was started.