STDs Community
Small bumps on corner of mouth

This forum is for questions and support regarding STD issues such as: Chlamydia, Crabs (pubic lice scabies), Gonorrhea, Hepatitis (viral), Herpes, HPV, Molluscum Contagiosum, PID, Rectal Infections, Syphilis, Trichomonas, Warts, Yeast Infection

For questions and support for HPV/genital warts, please visit our HPV Community. For questions and support for Herpes, please visit our Herpes Community.

Please note, this forum does not cover AIDS/HIV issues. Please visit our HIV Prevention Community for information and support.

Small bumps on corner of mouth

Ok for over a year now i have these tiny little white bumps on the corner of one side of my mouth that has the area and surrounding area red, because my body is reacting to what ever they are. Now i think its a form of HPV i did put my mouth somewhere when i should not have and the other person had warts (i did not know until afterward)

To be technical about it, the area thats infected right now, at the time i had a small cut there, so it was an open wound to be exact, a few days later what looked like a wart appeared there which took about 3-4 weeks to go away, but the redness had never gone away not even now and this was September 2010.

If i stretch the skin i can see tiny little bumps, smaller than 1mil. I have went to the doctors, and dermatologist endless time but they basically think im over reacting and said that this is angular cheilitis... which its not, thats basically just a way for them to get rid of me because they dont know what to tell me!

Im not over reacting because i have to cover this up with mascara everyday because it looks like a constant cold sore otherwise and that is very depressing, and id like to point out im a bloke. I even went as far as getting a razor blade and try to cut these things out but they are so freakin small i cant get them out, just leaves the corner of my mouth a mess which turns into an actual cold sore because of the infection i cause.

If i knew what these were i could do something about them, they are too small to burn/freeze off like you would for normal warts, when i cut a few of them away before they just came back again, but the never spread they just stay in that spot. I do have what appears to be fordycle spots all the way across the top of my lip too.

Can you please give me some advise.
most likely this is not hpv going on.  you've been seen multiple times and no one thought it was hpv and oral hpv that presents with obvious warts wouldn't appear there.

cheilitis was exactly what I was going to say this sounds like. did they treat you for yeast as a cause of it if it's not going away on its own?

stop with the mascara and any cover up too. you might even be reacting to the chemicals in those too.  

also make sure you are using a basic toothpaste - nothing whitening, tartar control or cinnamon flavor. same with if you are using chap stick or anything, make sure it's unflavored.

last of all - LEAVE YOUR HANDS OFF OF THESE!!!  All that poking and prodding and stuff just irritates it all more and keeps it from healing!!!

grace
stop with the mascara? mascara didnt cause these so why, im using basic toothpaste. Its not just a coincidence that i got these straight after i slept with someone who had hpv, if its not hpv why are they tiny little bumps that i can get rid of that cause my body to react to them and make the area red all the time?

I dont put my hands near them, the only time i did was when i tied to get rid of them

:(
cant get rid of*
chemicals in cosmetics irritate the skin and can cause rashes/skin reactions.

I don't think you understand cheilitis dear. It will be chronic and it will show up out of the blue. no reason to think you have hpv on the corner of your mouth and many providers have confirmed this.
ok thanks but my point is how can it be a reaction to the cosmetics if it was there well before i used them, i only used them to cover it up.
I said they can  be adding to it. you have already irritated skin and exposing it to chemicals can just prolong it. make it worse.
Its also only on one corner of my mouth, cheilitis is usually on both sides? And another thing is cheilitis is supposed to be caused by an iron deficiency, there is no way i have an iron deficiency with the diet im on or have been on, id like to believe that but its not true
it can be on one or both.

this is no longer a std concern so it's probably best to post on a more appropriate forum. thanks!
Have an STDs question?
100,000+ doctor answers