STDs Community
Small growth on base of penile shaft that looks like a skin colored tic...

This forum is for questions and support regarding STD issues such as: Chlamydia, Crabs (pubic lice scabies), Gonorrhea, Hepatitis (viral), Herpes, HPV, Molluscum Contagiosum, PID, Rectal Infections, Syphilis, Trichomonas, Warts, Yeast Infection

For questions and support for HPV/genital warts, please visit our HPV Community. For questions and support for Herpes, please visit our Herpes Community.

Please note, this forum does not cover AIDS/HIV issues. Please visit our HIV Prevention Community for information and support.

Small growth on base of penile shaft that looks like a skin colored tick?

Last week I felt something weird at the base of my penis. I immediately assumed it was a tick (I used to live on a farm) so I went to the bathroom and pulled it off. I realized there were no signs of it being a tick, also that there were two of them.

The two growths didn't look exactly alike. The best description I can give for the first is that it looked like a skin tag. The second was just a slightly raised area. Both were skin colored, so much so that they blended in with my skin and were hard to see. When I pulled it off, only blood came out. There was no pus or clear liquid. The skin around the growths didn't show any signs of agitation. No redness or rashes.

Now it is a few days later and there is no sign that anything was ever there.

I keep telling myself that I'm out of the woods, but I thought I should get a second opinion just in case, so that I can get treatment as soon as possible. The only reason I haven't been to a doctor yet is because everything I've seen says that a doctor would have to swab the growth to get a diagnosis.

Thanks for any help
since you've picked these off, not really a lot can be done at this point. should they return, be seen promptly to be evaluated to see if they are warts .  

these do not sound herpes related to swab.

grace