STDs Expert Forum
Small yellow blisters
About This Forum:

The STD Forum is intended only for questions and support pertaining to sexually transmitted diseases other than HIV/AIDS, including chlamydia, gonorrhea, syphilis, human papillomavirus, genital warts, trichomonas, other vaginal infections, nongonoccal urethritis (NGU), cervicitis, molluscum contagiosum, chancroid, and pelvic inflammatory disease (PID). All questions will be answered by H. Hunter Handsfield, M.D. or Edward W Hook, MD.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Small yellow blisters

Thanks so much for ready my question, I am very worried about what I think is a herpes infection. I have tiny small yellow spots-like blisters in my pubic hair area about 1 cm from where the hairline starts on my lower abdomen. This has happened 3 times over the last 4 years and I spoke to my GP about it after the first time it happened. I am 32 year old female and to be honest, I can only assume that since I have been sexually active since I was 18, I most have had some exposure to STD's, despite being very cautious with condoms, accidents sometimes happen.

My doctor assured it definately wasn't herpes due to the location and advised that herpes is primarially located on the vulva/genitials. I ahd no symptons in these areas at all. But I have convinced myself that these tiny blisters are herpes. He advised it was most likley a fungal infection and advised if it occured again, to apply the anti-fungal cream he perscrbed, About 1 year later, I felt similar symptons, reddening and itching so applied the cream and that was it, the symptons went away. However, I have convinced myself that these tiny blisters are herpes.

Last week, a similiar thing happened. The area got red, then 3 tiny small sport appeared and the crusted over. The whole process took about 10 days. I am convinced it is herpes and looking on various website would worry anyone sick.

I know I should go straight to the doctor again but feel silly as we have been through the diagnosis and maybe I am fretting myself over nothing. I have been getting cold sores for the last 6 years, about once a year and normally when I am really run down.Cuold I ahve transferred the cold sore to the pubic hair area?

Any opinion/advise would be greatful.

Any opinion would be
Tags: herpes?