STDs Community
Sore Near Anus

This forum is for questions and support regarding STD issues such as: Chlamydia, Crabs (pubic lice scabies), Gonorrhea, Hepatitis (viral), Herpes, HPV, Molluscum Contagiosum, PID, Rectal Infections, Syphilis, Trichomonas, Warts, Yeast Infection

For questions and support for HPV/genital warts, please visit our HPV Community. For questions and support for Herpes, please visit our Herpes Community.

Please note, this forum does not cover AIDS/HIV issues. Please visit our HIV Prevention Community for information and support.

Sore Near Anus

I went to the Doctor almost two months ago due to one open sore about a 1/2 to a 1/4 of an inch from my anus on my left side.  He said it was either herpes or warts and that if it didn't go away in a few weeks to go back.  He explained that I would have gotten it from sexual contact from that area.  I tried to explain to him that I am not homo sexual and that I have never had any male contact there and he seemed to get very uncomfortable like he thought I was being untruthful.

This spot has gone away for a day or two at a time but continues to come back over and over again.  It has been everything from an open sore about the size of pea to an itching burning lump (currently).  I am very confused because I have only had sexual contact in that area from women in the past and I'm not sure how I got it,  I know someone will tell me to go back to the doctor but I would really like some insight from this forum first.  Thanks.  
Can't tell you much other then follow up with your Dr or see a new Dr, this does not seem to be STD related and might be something fungial or bacterial.