STDs Community
Sore Throat after oral, Sinus, Burning Ureatha
About This Community:

This forum is for questions and support regarding STD issues such as: Chlamydia, Crabs (pubic lice scabies), Gonorrhea, Hepatitis (viral), Herpes, HPV, Molluscum Contagiosum, PID, Rectal Infections, Syphilis, Trichomonas, Warts, Yeast Infection

For questions and support for HPV/genital warts, please visit our HPV Community. For questions and support for Herpes, please visit our Herpes Community.

Please note, this forum does not cover AIDS/HIV issues. Please visit our HIV Prevention Community for information and support.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Sore Throat after oral, Sinus, Burning Ureatha

Tested Negative for Chlamydia and Gonorrhea a week after having unprotected sex with my ex. I was prompted to get tested after feeling slight irritation during urination...but since i tested negative, I though nothing of it. However, I'm currently suffering from a persistent sore throat, which seems to get worse after performing oral on my current girlfriend. This has been going on for atleast a month in a half. At first i thought it was irritation from me smoking, but I think I may have given her something that in turn keeps re-infecting me when performing oral sex.

I have no physical bumps or lesions on or around my genitals, and no discharge and nether does my girlfriend. But I still feel irritation, sometimes though very mild when urinating. And my throats is sore as we speak. Also after having unprotected sex with my ex (same time as mentioned above) a week or two later.... i caught a really bad sinus cold, which resulted in one of my eyes swelling up. Could this be symptoms of herpes/oral herpes...or some form of bacteria.

1.) With these symptoms what diseases could i have possibly contracted
2.) Is getting tested 5 days after exposure too soon? Could this give me a false negative test result?
3.) When i got tested my doctor mentioned other forms of bacteria i could have caught in a hot tub during vacationing.  Is this possible?
Related Discussions
6 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
207091_tn?1337713093
If you are also having oral symptoms, like a sore throat, you need to have your throat cultured.  Keep in mind, though, that most oral stds don't give symptoms, and certainly wouldn't cause sinus problems.

5 days is usually fine, but if you are concerned, test again.

Sure - all kinds of creepy ickies live in hot tubs.

Aj
Blank
I'm going to get re-tested, but I have to wait to my insurance kicks in after first of this year. However, I just wanted to reiterate some of my symptoms in a timeline, just to make sure i didn't leave anything out.

Sunday, August 3 2008
- Had unprotected sex with someone I believe may have infected me with something
- Had unprotected sex with my girlfriend later that night

Between  August 3, 2008 - till now
- Feeling sporadic sharp pains in penis and rectum
- very  VERY mild burning during urination, maybe 3 times..stops immediately after urine begins t o flow out of penis

Thursday, August 7, 2008
- Tested for Chlamydia, Gonorrhea and Trich (Swab and Urine samples)
- Received antibiotics in the form of 7 pills

Thursday, August 11, 2008
- Received Negative Test Result for all 3 Test
- Began taking Antibiotics

Between Late August - Mid September 3, 2008
- Had a very bad cold and sinus infection, resulting in my eye swelling up.
Infection lasted for several weeks Which I complicated by smoking cigarettes

Between August 11, 2008 - Mid October 2008
- Discovered every time I give oral to my girlfriend, the next day I have a sever sore throat which lasts for about a week. During the week sometimes I would get white patches in the back of my throat. This went on for quite some time before I discovered that the oral sex was causing the sore throat

Waiting to be retested
No discharge or bumps or lesions on genitals

I believe i contracted something that infected my girlfriend which in turn keep re-infecting me, including my throat and genitals.

QUESTIONS:

1.) I tested 4 days after unprotected encounter, was this too soon for: Chlamydia, Gonorrhea and Trich?

2.) My girlfriend believed she had a yeast infection and took some over the counter medicine, and hasn't seen any symptoms since. This was in late September. Could my symptoms be from a yeast infection?

Especially since i have the recurring sore throat after oral sex.

3.) Does Herpes align with any of my symptoms?

I's been 4 1/2 months and I have not hand any breakouts of any sort
Blank
207091_tn?1337713093
1 - 4 days is on the early side, but is probably accurate.

2 - It doesn't sound like yeast.

3 - No.

Why don't you go to an std clinic and test?  You don't need insurance, and most are free or low cost.

Aj
Blank
I would like to but its hard to find one n my area
Blank
580755_tn?1357673215
You are not going to know if you have anything until you test. Symptoms don't always mean you have an STD.
Blank
207091_tn?1337713093
You have also been advised by Dr. HHH in the expert's forum, and you should follow his advice.

If you must test again - and I think you feel you must - then just google your town and state and std clinic.

Aj
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
STDs Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank