Aa
A
A
Close
Sore Throat
My throat has been sore for almost a month now.  There has not been much discomfort expect for the few odd days.  It just looks a fairly red and sore.  There are no bumps or puss associated with this.  Though on the side of my cheek (inside my mouth) on the left side I can see a small circle where the top layer is skin is gone, but again no real signs of bumps, sores etc so I don't know if it's related.

Overall, I have thought this could be a viral form of tonsillitus.  In the past few days I have experienced some nausea and dizzyness.  I have seen a doctor and nurse about this.  Both said it is probably tonsillitus and nothing can really be done other than wait for it to go away.  The nurse said perhaps I should get checked for an STD but was not very knowledgable about it.  Do you have any advice?
Cancel
4 Answers
Page 1 of 1
You don't give any history of having a risk from oral sex, so how can we interpret this as being related to an STD? STDs from oral sex are rare anyway. Tonsillitis doesn't have a "u" in it.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Yes, I have had oral sex recently.  Sorry about that, I had assumed it was a given.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
207091_tn?1337713093
Most oral std infections are asymptomatic, so the odds that this is an std are slim.  Why not get yourself to a doc and start feeling better?

AJ
Comment
Cancel
207091_tn?1337713093
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Thanks for the comment.  I had seen a doctor and was told to wait it out with some ibuprofen.  It then got worse so I saw an emergency nurse who believed it was just a virus but suggested if it hangs around much longer that I should perhaps go get tested.  So I thought posting on here might help relieve my paranoia!  Thanks again!
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Sore Throat
Submit Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
STDs Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703