Sore throat, itchiness...is it herpes?
A little over a month ago, I had unprotected oral and vaginal sex with a guy who's known to get around a lot. About five days later, I went to the doc to make sure everything was ok - he said he didn't see any symptoms of herpes and I was clear for gonnorhea and chlamyida. Later that day, I was very itchy down there and it persisted for about five days. (Before I went to the doc for an STD check, I had a weird sore throat about a couple days after the incident...it felt like something was stuck in my throat when I swallowed and my tonsils hurt really bad. I went to a doc for that, who just gave me sudafed. My sore throat went away.) Anyway, I finally had enough of the itch about 10 days after the incident (which started about 5 days after) and went to the doc again. He said it was a yeast infection and gave me diflucan. The itch stopped after a couple of days. By the way, in the midst of all this, I was also diagnosed with thrush.

I had little bumps that concerned me, so I went to a different doctor and she said it wasn't an std...it was folliculitis. I was relaxed and glad I didn't have herpes until...

I started my period a few days ago...and then I began to itch again. I was itchy about where I put in my tampon and around there and in my anus. The itch has since subsided, but this morning I woke up again with another sore throat!!! I went to the doc again today, and said I had a peritonsillar abcess. He gave me some cephalexin and sent me on my way.

Okay, so what I'm mostly concerned about is herpes. Does any of this sound like herpes? Could my vaginal and oral symptoms be related? Please help, I'm depressed and I feel like I'm going crazy.
Nope, none of this sounds like herpes, and yeast/thrush (which is the same fungus by the way), can be a bear to get rid of.

Hope you feel better!

AJ
thank you for your help, i feel better. however, i know that herpes can imitate a yeast infection sometimes...and i also know that your period can trigger outbreaks. is it just a coincidence that i'm itchy now or what?
It might be hormones triggering another yeast infection, or herpes, or just part of your cycle.

Have you been tested for herpes before?  You can ask your doc for a type specific IgG blood test and find out.  You can have a baseline done now, and if its negative, test again at 4 months from the exposure date.

AJ
I've never been tested for herpes before. You see, I'm in college and I got a little too crazy one night...I was drunk and had a one-time enounter with a guy who claims to have had sex with a ton of girls. Of course, it just had to be the only time I didn't use a condom. So what I'm trying to say is that I never really needed to be tested before. I'm still pretty itchy...I've been checking a lot to see if I notice anything out of the ordinary, and I don't really notice any bumps that look like blisters. There are some weird flat bumps that don't hurt or anything though...I can't tell. Do you know what the chances are of contracting herpes from a one-time encounter like that are? And, do you or anyone one else know if Planned Parenthood offers free or cheap herpes blood tests? Thanks
Catching herpes from a one time encounter is not likely, but of course, possible.

Since you've never been tested for stds before, why not go now?  If you've ever had unprotected sex, even if it wasn't a drunken one night stand, you should test.

I'm not trying to scare you, but anyone who has unprotected sex needs to test.  Many people can have stds and have no symptoms, and everyone is at risk for stds.

I don't know what Planned Parenthood charges, but call them and ask.  Some PPS are cheaper than others.  You might also talk to your student health center (assuming you are in college, though some high schools have them), and see what they can offer, too.

AJ
thank you for your input, i really appreciate it. i have been tested for gonorrhea and chlamydia...they came back negative. the only test i haven't done is herpes. i'm just really worried that i have herpes. thanks for your advice