Sore throat, swollen gums
Doctor,

I have a persistent sore throat, on and off temperature and now my gums are swelling and it is quite sore to eat,  The first few days I had body aches but have not had any nasal conjestion or lung/respetory ailments.  I am bi-sexual and have had oral sex with two different men in the past month.  I've been to a Doctor and she said the sore throat symptoms are common this past few weeks.  But I'm having trouble eating because my gums are so sore and the sore throat will not go away and it has been 5 days now.  Are these symptoms suggestive of a STD?  Thanks for any help you can provide.

Ted
You could have something called herpes  gingivostomatitis, which is inflammation of the gums from a new herpes infection.  Your doctor should have done some tests.  You need to follow up with her.

I also had a sore throat for 5+ days last week, but I also had a stuffy head and a cough, so its tough to say if its just a virus for you.  Your doctor should at least test you for strep.

Aj