STDs Community
Sore throat after oral sex? please help

This forum is for questions and support regarding STD issues such as: Chlamydia, Crabs (pubic lice scabies), Gonorrhea, Hepatitis (viral), Herpes, HPV, Molluscum Contagiosum, PID, Rectal Infections, Syphilis, Trichomonas, Warts, Yeast Infection

For questions and support for HPV/genital warts, please visit our HPV Community. For questions and support for Herpes, please visit our Herpes Community.

Please note, this forum does not cover AIDS/HIV issues. Please visit our HIV Prevention Community for information and support.

Sore throat after oral sex? please help

Yesterday for the first time I had given oral sex to my girlfriend and then she gave me a "bj" back, i kinda kept clearing my throat the same day before and after oral sex but it was nothing serious.  But once I went to sleep I kinda felt it worsen a little bit and when I woke up I had a sore throat which then after a few hours lessened and it didn't hurt as much and it feels as though it will go away probably by tomorrow or the next few days.  However I feel fine in every way aside from my throat hurting but I'm still a little worried because I got a sore throat the day after oral sex and found it coincidental but it was also really cold and windy out the past week so I don't know if it's just a regular sore throat caused by some other bacteria or an std infection?
No std will show symptoms the very next day.  You said the sore throat started before you gave oral.  It is possible that her vaginal fluid irritated your throat more than it already was. If this was an std, the sore throat would not have lessened in intensity so quickly.
so if the sore throat goes away by tomorrow or the day after would that mean that i don't have to worry about having something like ghonorea (Gonorrhea) from the oral sex?
Do you think she cheated on you?  Because if not, the only person she could get gonorrhea from is you.  IF she has been faithful.  Sore throats are very common and caused by many different things.  Statistically, you would get strep throat before you would get gonorrhea in your mouth. Oral std's are very very rare.  You are making a big deal out of something that is not likely to happen.  Remember...you did have a scratchy throat BEFORE you gave the oral sex. So, why would you think this sore throat (that was probably on its way to flaring up even if you didn' t give her oral sex) would be related to an std?
she could have had a sore throat too and given it to you by making out. I wouldn't worry about it too much. Oral STDs are less common and if it is your gf then I wouldn't be too too worried. Just make sure when you have sex to use a condom.
I get a sore throat everytime I give oral sex to a man. Always, except for 2 guys I dated who were not sleeping around.
I not only get sore throat, but I get small white sores on my tonsils. I have gotten throat cultures and have never had an STD. I get antibiotics and have to endure the fever and flu like symptoms and I'm good again a week later. I hate it, but its what I have to deal with since the age of 24. Im 41 now.
hi i had a blow job last feb 18!..i swallowed his sperm cells in the next morning i had a sore throat untill now it does not heal march 6...is yhis a gonnorhea (Gonorrhea) in my throat? help me
May be a fungus. I had the same reaction and many tests, all negative except one for chlamydia, yet my doctor forced me to test it again - for what, he did not believe, why, - and the result came negative and I am still suffering. What was likely to be? just the nest day you feel it sick? the best is to try all antibiotics, 2-4 family groups then forget it - fungus or Hpv.
you can send to me bahar_samblas***@****
Hi Bracco, the same thing happens to me... well it used to... What I realised is that as long as you don't let the bacteria in your throat proliferate then tonsils dont become swollen and the troat wont become sore. What I do to kill the bacteria is gargle with salt water every time after i give a bj and that helps my throat a lot.
I gave my bf a bj about 8 days ago and it happened outside in the cold....now my throat is very sore and when I stick my finger inside my mouth where my throat begins I feel a big lump on the left side and my neck is very sore on the left to? What's wrong with me?
I gave a blow job to my bf two days ago, then we had sex, then at night like around 6 I started feeling a sore throat, but it was really light, but by the next day it had gotten worse, and I had fever, and today the pain is still there, I can barely eat, it feels like if my throat is hurt, or scratch, but the fever has gone already, can someone tell me what it might be??
Have an STDs question?
100,000+ doctor answers