Aa
A
A
Close
Sound like any virus or STD to you?
I had unprotected sex with a sexually active male (I found out later) 3 1/2 weeks ago. (I have been married for a very long time and this is the only exposure other than my faithful husband).  Within several days of the event, I had flu-like symptoms - night sweats, swollen glands, low grade fevers, facial tingling/numbness, fatigue.  This lasted for about a 10 days.  I have had 3 negative HIV tests (NAAT and PCR and antigen).  I have been told these are conclusive.  I was treated for gonorrhea and chlamydia within 10 days of exposure with rocefin shot and 2 grams of azithro (at the same time I might add).  I was also supposed to use metrozindole vaginal cream (the same night), but used it once and woke up with excruciating pain in esophagus so I discontinued as I didn't have any discharge or signs at that time.  Not sure if that is from the "overdose" of antibiotics within 24 hours or the fact that I drank alcohol with it.  Anyway  . . .

25 days after exposure I now have a white thick vaginal discharge (no visible sores or itching).  I have had pelvic pain from a couple days after exposure.  I'm struggling with neuropathy (tingling and numbness in hands and facial numbness/tingling/flushing), brain fog, scalp tightness/tingling, buzzing/ringing in ears, and swollen glands in neck still since the incident.  It is to the point that I can't work/function.

Just a little background, I am healthy and go to the gym 3-5 times a week.  I do yoga, pilates, total fit classes, cardio classes.  I have a physical every year - my only issue is hypothyroidism which I stay on top of and take 60mg of synthroid daily.  I am VERY healthy 40+ year old  (125 pounds) . . . until now!

I am worried about herpes and viral meningitis or some other std, but I've only had one bad headache one night this week.  It was solved with two Excedrin migraine.

I really don't know what to think.  Please help me!!!!  I'm most worried about the neurological issues as I need to keep my job!
Cancel
1 Answers
Page 1 of 1
Your symptoms don't point to a STD but you do need to be working with your Dr.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Submit Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
STDs Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488 tn?1310696703
Blank