STDs Community
Sound like any virus or STD to you?

Ask questions, get support regarding sexually transmitted diseases (STDs): chlamydia, crabs (pubic lice scabies), Gonorrhea, Hepatitis (viral), Molluscum Contagiosum, pelvic inflammatory disease, rectal infections, Syphilis, Trichomonas, yeast infection. For HPV/genital warts visit HPV Community. For Herpes please visit Herpes Community.

For AIDS/HIV issues, please visit HIV Prevention.

Sound like any virus or STD to you?

I had unprotected sex with a sexually active male (I found out later) 3 1/2 weeks ago. (I have been married for a very long time and this is the only exposure other than my faithful husband).  Within several days of the event, I had flu-like symptoms - night sweats, swollen glands, low grade fevers, facial tingling/numbness, fatigue.  This lasted for about a 10 days.  I have had 3 negative HIV tests (NAAT and PCR and antigen).  I have been told these are conclusive.  I was treated for gonorrhea and chlamydia within 10 days of exposure with rocefin shot and 2 grams of azithro (at the same time I might add).  I was also supposed to use metrozindole vaginal cream (the same night), but used it once and woke up with excruciating pain in esophagus so I discontinued as I didn't have any discharge or signs at that time.  Not sure if that is from the "overdose" of antibiotics within 24 hours or the fact that I drank alcohol with it.  Anyway  . . .

25 days after exposure I now have a white thick vaginal discharge (no visible sores or itching).  I have had pelvic pain from a couple days after exposure.  I'm struggling with neuropathy (tingling and numbness in hands and facial numbness/tingling/flushing), brain fog, scalp tightness/tingling, buzzing/ringing in ears, and swollen glands in neck still since the incident.  It is to the point that I can't work/function.

Just a little background, I am healthy and go to the gym 3-5 times a week.  I do yoga, pilates, total fit classes, cardio classes.  I have a physical every year - my only issue is hypothyroidism which I stay on top of and take 60mg of synthroid daily.  I am VERY healthy 40+ year old  (125 pounds) . . . until now!

I am worried about herpes and viral meningitis or some other std, but I've only had one bad headache one night this week.  It was solved with two Excedrin migraine.

I really don't know what to think.  Please help me!!!!  I'm most worried about the neurological issues as I need to keep my job!
Tags: brain, symptom
Your symptoms don't point to a STD but you do need to be working with your Dr.