STDs Community
Sound like any virus or STD to you?
About This Community:

This forum is for questions and support regarding STD issues such as: Chlamydia, Crabs (pubic lice scabies), Gonorrhea, Hepatitis (viral), Herpes, HPV, Molluscum Contagiosum, PID, Rectal Infections, Syphilis, Trichomonas, Warts, Yeast Infection

For questions and support for HPV/genital warts, please visit our HPV Community. For questions and support for Herpes, please visit our Herpes Community.

Please note, this forum does not cover AIDS/HIV issues. Please visit our HIV Prevention Community for information and support.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Sound like any virus or STD to you?

I had unprotected sex with a sexually active male (I found out later) 3 1/2 weeks ago. (I have been married for a very long time and this is the only exposure other than my faithful husband).  Within several days of the event, I had flu-like symptoms - night sweats, swollen glands, low grade fevers, facial tingling/numbness, fatigue.  This lasted for about a 10 days.  I have had 3 negative HIV tests (NAAT and PCR and antigen).  I have been told these are conclusive.  I was treated for gonorrhea and chlamydia within 10 days of exposure with rocefin shot and 2 grams of azithro (at the same time I might add).  I was also supposed to use metrozindole vaginal cream (the same night), but used it once and woke up with excruciating pain in esophagus so I discontinued as I didn't have any discharge or signs at that time.  Not sure if that is from the "overdose" of antibiotics within 24 hours or the fact that I drank alcohol with it.  Anyway  . . .

25 days after exposure I now have a white thick vaginal discharge (no visible sores or itching).  I have had pelvic pain from a couple days after exposure.  I'm struggling with neuropathy (tingling and numbness in hands and facial numbness/tingling/flushing), brain fog, scalp tightness/tingling, buzzing/ringing in ears, and swollen glands in neck still since the incident.  It is to the point that I can't work/function.

Just a little background, I am healthy and go to the gym 3-5 times a week.  I do yoga, pilates, total fit classes, cardio classes.  I have a physical every year - my only issue is hypothyroidism which I stay on top of and take 60mg of synthroid daily.  I am VERY healthy 40+ year old  (125 pounds) . . . until now!

I am worried about herpes and viral meningitis or some other std, but I've only had one bad headache one night this week.  It was solved with two Excedrin migraine.

I really don't know what to think.  Please help me!!!!  I'm most worried about the neurological issues as I need to keep my job!
Tags: brain, symptom
580755_tn?1357673215
Your symptoms don't point to a STD but you do need to be working with your Dr.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
STDs Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank