STDs Expert Forum
Spots at back of tongue

The STD Forum is intended only for questions and support pertaining to sexually transmitted diseases other than HIV/AIDS, including chlamydia, gonorrhea, syphilis, human papillomavirus, genital warts, trichomonas, other vaginal infections, nongonoccal urethritis (NGU), cervicitis, molluscum contagiosum, chancroid, and pelvic inflammatory disease (PID). All questions will be answered by H. Hunter Handsfield, M.D. or Edward W Hook, MD.

Spots at back of tongue

Could you tell the me how closely slightly raised red spots (about 4) at the back of the tongue around 0.4 cm in diamiter can be related to possible STD infection.

thanks
Everybody has a row of 4 or 5 prominent taste buds on the back of the tongue, about the size you describe--not in a straight row, but in a shallow V.  I forget the name of those specialized taste buds, but it sounds like that is what you are describing.  In other words, normal anatomy.  Definitely not an STD.

HHH, MD