STDs Expert Forum
Spreading of infection in throat to cervix

The STD Forum is intended only for questions and support pertaining to sexually transmitted diseases other than HIV/AIDS, including chlamydia, gonorrhea, syphilis, human papillomavirus, genital warts, trichomonas, other vaginal infections, nongonoccal urethritis (NGU), cervicitis, molluscum contagiosum, chancroid, and pelvic inflammatory disease (PID). All questions will be answered by H. Hunter Handsfield, M.D. or Edward W Hook, MD.

just over 2 years ago, I made a mistake and gave oral to a guy without protection. I believe I went to the clinic in a good 6months later and was tested, it came back negative (cervix swab)

I was never tested with a throat swab.

could a chlamydia infection travel through my body, if I got it in my throat and then pass it on internally to my cervix?

what are the consequences to having it in your throat to fertility?

how rare is it? (I am in europe)
Welcome to the Forum.  Your risk of infection from performing oral sex on a partner is very low.  the most common STD acquired from performance of oral sex is gonorrhea- chlamydia almost never occurs.  In addition. had you gotten infected 2 years ago, it is likely that your infection would have cured itself by now but if you really feel the need, the only way to test for throat infection is with a swab test from the throat.  

Chlamydia and gonorrhea are local infections which typically do not travel through the body.  Had you been infected (unlikely) your infection would not have traveled through to your cervix.

There is no risk of infertility associated with chlamydia or gonorrhea of the throat.  

Hope this helps. EWH
And if I did get gonorrhea, could I easily pass that from my throat to a guys penis, or is that unlikely?

Could that also have cured by itself?
Also, you say gonorrhea is more common - how common/rare is getting throat gonorrhea  from giving oral compared to genital gonorrhea,

and is it more common to pass it from genital/oral or other way, or less common than genital/genital?
Gonorrhea is more often transmitted by oral sex than chlamydia.  

ORal gonorrhea is relatively uncommon.

It is more common for the throat to become infected through performing oral sex than for gonorrhea to be transmitted in the process of oral sex although both have been reported.   Genital/gennital transmission if far more likely an "efficient" than  oral infections/transmission.  

Gonorrhea can occasionally go away on its own.  EWH
But so it's still pretty rare I guess, to get a gonorrhea infection from giving oral sex to a guy?

Or is it more common and I should be very worried? I'm now getting very nervous...
Yes, very rare.  You should not be worried.  EWH
I guess what I'm most worried bout, since then I've got a new bf and have given him oral sex, so how likely it is I couldve passed it on from my throat to his penis as well afterwards..

And how likely it is to go away on it's own (history answers on here suggests doctors here said that happened in the past)
Or even if it's dangerous or not :-(
It is time for this thread to end.  This will be the last response.

If you are worried about oral gonorrhea, get tested and plan on believing the test results when you get them (I am confident the tests would be negative).  You have no reason to think that your prior partner had gonorrhea.  If you got gonorrhea of the throat many but not all infections would clear up/go away on there own.  This sort of resolution is more common when gonorrhea occurs at the throat than elsewhere.

Take care.  EWH