STDs Community
Std - scared!!

Ask questions, get support regarding sexually transmitted diseases (STDs): chlamydia, crabs (pubic lice scabies), Gonorrhea, Hepatitis (viral), Molluscum Contagiosum, pelvic inflammatory disease, rectal infections, Syphilis, Trichomonas, yeast infection. For HPV/genital warts visit HPV Community. For Herpes please visit Herpes Community.

For AIDS/HIV issues, please visit HIV Prevention.

Std - scared!!

I am the worlds biggest idiot...

I had a one night stand 4 days ago, we used protection for most of it, but then we did it without and i am regretting it every minute since... why did i do it?!?!

I am scared to death i have caught something, and even more so that it will be something permanent such as herpes.

How long should i wait to get tested? How can i stop worrying?

I swear to god, if i am clear from everything, i am never putting my dick inside anything again without protection!!
Testing times: Gonorrhea and Chlamydia-1 week
herpes and HIV-3 months
syphilis-6 weeks.

How can you stop worrying? Seek a therapist? One time encounter overall is low risk.
Thanks for the quick response...

So is it worth me going and getting tested in 2 weeks and again in a few months?

I have got the girls number would it be worth texting her and asking if she has anything?

How long till signs of herpes show up? As this is one of the ones i am most concerned about,,,
I personally think there is nothing wrong with asking a person if they've been tested for std's. If you don't like the anxiety, ask.  
I just asked a former b/f last night about when he was last tested to ease my mind from an infection.  He was negative, so I ruled out any std in my infection, unless I get the shock of my life in 2 weeks of waiting for results. Go ahead and ask her