STDs Expert Forum
Std Rash?

The STD Forum is intended only for questions and support pertaining to sexually transmitted diseases other than HIV/AIDS, including chlamydia, gonorrhea, syphilis, human papillomavirus, genital warts, trichomonas, other vaginal infections, nongonoccal urethritis (NGU), cervicitis, molluscum contagiosum, chancroid, and pelvic inflammatory disease (PID). All questions will be answered by H. Hunter Handsfield, M.D. or Edward W Hook, MD.

Std Rash?

I recently had protected sex with someone I did not know. About 10 days later, I had a rash in my anus and on my upper thighs. The rash on the thighs went away within 2 days. The rash on my anus remained. About 2 weeks later, I noticed a rash on my scrotum as well. I went to get tested for Cylmidia, Gonherrea, HIV, Syphillis (syphilis), and herpes. All the screens came back negaitve. I went to my regular doctor for the rash, he gave my 2 weeks of Lamisil pills and Clotrimazole and Bethamethasone lotion. After 2 weeks, not much progress. I have recently noticed that I have three items that look like pimples. 2 are by where the shaft meets the abodmen and 1 is located slightly further up on the shaft. Lastly, within the last 4 days, I have a rash on my left arm. This might be completly something else. Any ideas? The only STD's I have been screened for is Hepatitis and HPV. From what I have read, HPV is not supposed to cuase rashes. If this is true, what else could the "pimple" on the shaft be? Any ideas or recommendations?
Tags: rash, test
  • rash (17 replies):
    if a rash occurs after my flu-like sickness has subsided...[more]
  • Ars rash (8 replies):
    Hi Everyone, i hope you are all well. I was wondering...[more]
  • Accute HIV Rash (1 replies):
    I had unprotected sex several times with the same person...[more]
  • another rash question (15 replies):
    I have posted here before, but I still have a question a...[more]
  • rash (1 replies):
    Hi, I developed a rash on the shaft of my penis last we...[more]
No STD causes a rash in the locations you describe, and no STD causes a rash that looks like a yeast or other fungal infection.  That is what your provider obviously thought you have, given the treamtnet s/he prescribed.  Since it isn't clearing up, you should return to that provider for additional advice.  But you can be sure it isn't an STD and almost certainly is merely a coincidence with your recent sexual adventures; it isn't something you caught from that person.

Good luck--  HHH, MD
As of this past week, I noticed a rash on my arm. The last 2 days I had nightsweats/fever. The doctor said he needed to test my for HIV for precaution. I have been doing research and it seems like 3 months is the standard window for testing. The original test I had done was at 5 weeks. I already had symptoms present.

1. What is the likelihood that that this test would be positve keeping in mind the that first test was done after symptoms were present?
2. What is the likelihood of having infected my current partner? We had unprotected sex probably 5 or 6 times
3. Lastly, does HIV usually present that quickly? I had initial symptoms within 10 days of the encounter?

Thanks for your help.
That's supposed to be "enter", not "entire".
Use the search link and entire "HIV diagnosis", "time to positive HIV test", and "ARS symptoms" for innumerable discussions on these questions.  (You don't have it.)
I still have the rash. I started with fevers and night sweats that seem to come and go about 2 weeks ago. This is 11 weeks after the sex. My doctor did 2 blood cultures and a urine culture. 1 blood culture came back positive for gram negative bacteria. The lab and my doctor think the test was contaiminated. I know I have symptoms still and have not felt all that great. My doctor said if it were positive for gram negative 14 weeks after original infection I probably wouldn't be around. I have done some research but it seems very vague.

1. Can this be contracted thru sex. Is this the most likely place i got it?
2. Can these be treated with antibiotics?
3. My new girlfriend had gotten a "UTI" 10 days after having unprotected sex with me. She got her antibiotics and now seems fine. She has not gotten any other UTI's. Could she be infected if I have it? I am not going to send her for testing or anything until my culture comes back. What is the liklihood she is still infected if I have this?

Sorry, still a little nervous.
Not an STD.  See my orginal reply.  And see a health care provider.  I have nothing more to say.