STDs Community
Stinging in tip of penis

This forum is for questions and support regarding STD issues such as: Chlamydia, Crabs (pubic lice scabies), Gonorrhea, Hepatitis (viral), Herpes, HPV, Molluscum Contagiosum, PID, Rectal Infections, Syphilis, Trichomonas, Warts, Yeast Infection

For questions and support for HPV/genital warts, please visit our HPV Community. For questions and support for Herpes, please visit our Herpes Community.

Please note, this forum does not cover AIDS/HIV issues. Please visit our HIV Prevention Community for information and support.

Stinging in tip of penis

On Oct 4 around 1:30 am I regrettably had unprotected sex while drunk.  Intercourse was very brief, only a minute or two.  I went home and went to bed.  When I woke up around 10 am, I felt an obvious discomfort in the tip of my penis.  I panicked and immediately went to a free STD clinic and talked to a doctor.  The doctor told me it was too soon to take any tests for anything and that the discomfort I was feeling may be from dehydration due to all the alcohol I had consumed the night before.

As the week progressed, I noticed the stinging/burning getting worse and felt some heaviness and pain in my bladder area so I assumed I was experiencing a UTI or bladder infection.  I took some AZO and my mother gave me some antibiotic she had called minocycline on Oct 8.  Within a day of taking the antibiotic, the stinging and burning sensation was gone and I felt completely normal.  Since I was feeling healthy again and all the symptoms had stopped so abruptly, I assumed the antibiotic I took worked and cured my assumed UTI and I never went back to the clinic to get testing done.

Fast forward to Oct. 29.  I woke up at 8 am and uriniated.  Immediately afterwards, I noticed the familiar discomfort in the tip of my penis again.  The night before I had barely ate anything and drank some cheap beer so I thought I had irritated my urethra again and took some more AZO and anitbiotic.  However, this time the antibiotic didn't seem to work and I felt the usual burning in the urethra and heaviness in the bladder area.  I continued to take AZO and the antibiotic to no avail.  Between Oct. 29 and Nov. 5th, I had protected sex with a friend of mine about 6 or 7 times.  Sex was never painful, ejaculation felt normal.  But afterwards, the discomfort in my penis would return.  

On Nov. 5, I went back to the free STD clinic and explained my symptoms.  The doctor suggested I take a Chlamydia/Gonorrhea test.  I have yet to get the results back.  She also suggested I go to another clinic and test for a UTI.  On Nov. 6 I went to another clinic and tested for a UTI and the results were a little confusing.  There were nitrates found in my urine, but no blood or bacteria.  As a precaution, the doctor prescribed me 1000mg of Zithromax and 400mg of Suprax in case I was infected with Chlamydia/Gonorrhea.  I took both doses on the afternoon of Nov. 6.  

It is now late on Nov. 8 and it's difficult to tell if I am experiencing any relief from the stinging/burning on the tip of my penis.  I have no sores on my penis but when I spread open my urethra hole, it looks red and irritated and I may just be freaking myself out but I think i see a small, pinhead sized red spot inside.  It feels as if the stinging sensation is originating from that location.  I am also feeling some strange numbness/sensation in my left leg.  I'm really worried that I may be having a herpes outbreak.

I'm hoping one of the doctor's here can shed some light on this and maybe give me an explanation or something to ease my mind.  I have not received any test results back for the Chlamydia/Gonorrhea test I did and I have not had a blood test for herpes yet.  I am confused by the suddenness of my original symptoms and even more so confused by these current symptoms.

Thanks.
Could it be that I'm just freaking myself out with anxiety and the feelings in my legs is caused by that?  Also, I havn't noticed any discharge from my penis at all....would that rule out a STD?  Needless to say, I am worried sick about all this.

One thing I should mention is that my friend whom I had intercourse with over the time span of Oct. 29 and Nov. 5 had a sore on her inner lower lip after her second day here with me.  Could I have caught something from her?  Or, could she have caught something from me?  

She is from Japan and from what I know she is not very sexually active at all.  I'm really worried that I may have gotten her sick.  But now I am thinking perhaps the sore in her mouth got ME sick.

Any ideas?
I should also mention that recently it does not sting/burn all the time.  It comes and goes.  As I type this, it feels perfectly fine.  But I am sure in the AM it will hurt again.  Ugh, I'm never drinking alcohol again!
This coule be several different things including a STD, anxiety, irritation. Best to wait for your test results. If negative then you know you don't have a STD and you can work with other Dr's to find out what the cause is.