STDs Community
Straight male recieved unsafe oral with older male

This forum is for questions and support regarding STD issues such as: Chlamydia, Crabs (pubic lice scabies), Gonorrhea, Hepatitis (viral), Herpes, HPV, Molluscum Contagiosum, PID, Rectal Infections, Syphilis, Trichomonas, Warts, Yeast Infection

For questions and support for HPV/genital warts, please visit our HPV Community. For questions and support for Herpes, please visit our Herpes Community.

Please note, this forum does not cover AIDS/HIV issues. Please visit our HIV Prevention Community for information and support.

I never did this before, but as a straight male, I had a encounter with another male. I received oral unprotected. There were others around at the place where this happened, and I have no idea how many others this older man messed around with. I never been this scared before. The encounter didnot last long. Afterwards, I checked around my penis and saw no blood or any thing elese that concerned me. I urinated, then went and  purchased alcohol swabs and hydrogen peroxide solution and cleaned my penis. After researching and looking at forums, I'm still very scared to the point of almost throwing up and not being able to sleep since this encounter (4 days) since. Can some one tell me what are the chances of contracting HIV or  gonorrhea, nongonococcal urethritis (NGU), herpes, HSV-1, and syphilis? When should I get checked out?  I feel like I just screwed up my whole life and will loose everything, I have no one to tell and talk to, and the ones I love will be destroyed and betrayed. I dont know what to do.
HIV-Post in the HIV forum
Gonorrhea and NGU-low risk
Herpes and syphilis-lower risk

Overall it is not something to be concerned with, but if you must test you can do NGU and gonorrhea 1 week after exposure, syphilis-6 weeks and herpes-3 months.

I would suggest seking a therapist to help you deal with anxiety and guilt.
HIV-Post in the HIV forum
Gonorrhea and NGU-low risk
Herpes and syphilis-lower risk

I should find a therapist, is there a certain kind of thereapist I should look for, or would anyone do? Thanks again for taking the time I just   need the time  to figure this out. Plus tell my wife thats the thing thats going to be worst. She wants to start trying for another kid and I' dont want to infect her if I do have somthing.  

never, ever cleanse your penis again with peroxide and rubbing alcohol though!! Your penis has very delicate skin to it and you actually do more harm than good by using those products on it! std's don't lay around on the skin to work their way into the body - they are transmitted during the sex act itself so cleaning up afterwards does nothing anyways.

usually any counselor/therapist can help you with this issue. some do specialize in sexual issues if you can find one near you. if you can't deal with the guilt on your own, certainly talking to a professional is helpful.

have you ever been tested for herpes before to know your status? can you recall ever having had a cold sore?

grace
I have never had herpes before before this I have only been with my wife for 13 years. I have never had a cold sore. the more I read the more Im scared, its so hard to stop researching this topic. I have to face it, I just dont know who this person was and he probbaly had oral sex with other guys during this  time I was there.
anxiety is your main issue here, not any real risk.  

since you've never been tested for herpes before and don't recall cold sores, ask for a type specific herpes igg blood test when you go for basic urine testing 1 week post encounter. that way if you already have hsv1 and never knew it, it's one more worry you can cross off your list :)

thanks I'm setting up a time to be tested, would 5 weeks past incedent be better than 3 weeks to test for many of my worries or should I wate 6, 7. I just dont know if I can honestly wait longer than a week, or less my nerves are really setting in. Thanks again you have know idea how much you are helping me...