STDs Expert Forum
Strange Symptoms

The STD Forum is intended only for questions and support pertaining to sexually transmitted diseases other than HIV/AIDS, including chlamydia, gonorrhea, syphilis, human papillomavirus, genital warts, trichomonas, other vaginal infections, nongonoccal urethritis (NGU), cervicitis, molluscum contagiosum, chancroid, and pelvic inflammatory disease (PID). All questions will be answered by H. Hunter Handsfield, M.D. or Edward W Hook, MD.

Strange Symptoms

Thank you for taking my question doctor.

I had vaginal sex with a prostitute 25 days ago.  We used a condom, but it broke.

About a week later, I began to have had a burning sensation on my penis and testicles.  About 10 days after the incident, I began to have pain in the testicles themselves.  It felt like they were being squeezed.  The pain went on consistently for about three days.  Now it comes and goes.

I went to see a urologist.  My urine culture didn't yield any sign of infection.  However, the pain still comes and goes.  Another odd symptom that I've noticed is that my semen is now very thick and very yellow.

Do think that I'm at risk for any particular type of STD?  Could it be testicular cancer?  I'm very worried.  Thank you for your time.
Neither epididymitis nor testicular cancer cause pain that comes and goes.  In either case, only one testicle would be involved; it would be obviously enlarged, or with an attached marble-like lump; and with epididymitis, extremely tender to the touch.  (Most epididymitis can be diagnosed by just watching a guy walk into the clinic, hunched over with legs wide because of the pain).  Undoubtedly your urologist told you all these things--and s/he probably knows more about this than me anyway.  Finally, 'burning sensation' of penis and scrotum doesn't sound like any STD.

I see no reason to suspect any STD or any other serious health problems. But return to the urologist if your symptoms continue to bother you.

HHH, MD
pain in the testicles themselves. It felt like they were being squeezed. The pain went on consistently for about three days. Now it comes and goes.

I HAD SEX WITH TO MANY FEMALES. I HAD SEX WITH A FEMALE LIKE 6 TO 10 MONTHS AND CONDOM BUST. 2 WEEKS LATER I HAVE EXPERIENCE THESE SAME UNEXPLAINABLE SYMPTOMS. I BEEN CHECK 8 DIFFERENT TIMES WITH IN THE LAST TWO YEARS EVERY TEST COMES BACK NEGITIVE I DONT UNDERSTAND THESE SYMPTOMS WASNT HERE TWO YEARS AGO WHY NOW? AM 20 YEARS OLD AND EVERYBODY DOCTOR SAYS " O ITS ALL IN YOUR HEAD" OR "O YOU THAT DOESN'T SOUND LIKE A STD" YOU DONT SPEND ALL THAT TIME STUDYING TO BECOME A DOCTOR IF YOU CANT GIVE YOUR PATIENTS REASONABLE ANSWERS. WELL AM JUST WRITING YOU TO LET YOU KNOW I FEEL YOUR PAIN!