Strange smell coming from one spot on penis
Hello, Sorry to bother you. It's probably nothing, but I'd rather ask and be safe rather than sorry. I've been sexually inactive for almost two years. I also was checked for STD's prior to being with my last girlfriend. I didn't have any symptoms of STD's, it was just a precautionary measure. Anyways, about 8 months, I started developing this odd smell coming from just one spot on my penis. It's at the base of the shaft, where it connects to the sac (Don't know of a more technical word to use there). There is no rash or irritation or anything of that nature. The smell is a strange smell, just smells unclean. Sometimes the smell won't be there for a few days, and sometimes it won't go away for a few days. Sometimes the smell is even there right when I'm done with a shower. The spot is actually on the left side of where I mentioned, which is also the side my penis generally lays when I'm sitting down - it has a tendency to lay to the left rather than the right. Had the smell always been there, I would just assume it was because that little spot gets less air since the penis is always covering it up when I'm sitting. The only other thing I can mention is that (and this is kind of gross) Last year, someone very close to me passed away. I wasn't working or anything at the time, so I didn't need to leave the house much. Because of this, I wasn't showering very much, sometimes I wouldn't shower for a week (I was depressed, and I wasn't sweating at all during that time - but it's still gross). Did I develop some sort of infection from not showing back then that stayed on my penis? Is it due to some sort of chemical imbalance? Or is this more of a symptom of some type of STD that normally goes unnoticed? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Oh, and I'm 26 - like I said, this is not a smell I've had my whole life or I wouldn't worry too much - it just started around 8 months ago, give or take. Thanks for your time!
smell is not a symptom of an std, but it could be fungal. i would see a dr just to get it looked at.