STDs Community
Strep Throat and Oral Sex

Ask questions, get support regarding sexually transmitted diseases (STDs): chlamydia, crabs (pubic lice scabies), Gonorrhea, Hepatitis (viral), Molluscum Contagiosum, pelvic inflammatory disease, rectal infections, Syphilis, Trichomonas, yeast infection. For HPV/genital warts visit HPV Community. For Herpes please visit Herpes Community.

For AIDS/HIV issues, please visit HIV Prevention.

Strep Throat and Oral Sex

Okay - I've seen this question asked a million places and a million different ways but none of the answers were the same and none of the questions were very much like my situation so I figured I'd give it a try (sorry if you've seen this a ton of times before!).

My boyfriend is in the military and the last two times I've gone to visit him on base I have performed unprotected oral sex and gotten strep throat.

To be more specific - he and I are both clean and before the first visit neither of us was 'feeling' sick. I started feeling the sore throat come on a few days later and because I've had strep throat so many times before I went straight to the doctor. They did a throat swab and determined it was strep and put me on antibiotics. He didn't get sick at all.

I visited again about 3 weeks later and though I'd had a bit of a raw throat a few days before I was feeling fine. Again, I performed unprotected oral sex and literally the next night I started to get a sore throat and by the next morning I was in agony and had to go to the doctor. They again determined it was strep throat (though by visual exam and not swab) and again put me on antibiotics. Again, he didn't feel ill or get sick at all.

Now as I said before, I've gotten strep throat pretty often since I turned 18 but other than these two times it has actually been awhile since the last time (about a year or more). I don't know if it's just coincedence or what but it just seemed really unusual to the both of us that the last two times I've gotten it were after visiting him (he actually feels really bad and I keep joking that it's because I'm allergic to him). I'm really trying to research it and I keep finding all these varying answers about how "yes it can" and "no it can't" and "well, there's Strep A and Strep B and one can but the other can't" as well as people saying that it's probably really an STI and not strep throat but as I said, the doctors did a swab the first time which was positive for strep and I asked the doctor the second time if it could be anything other than strep and she said it was highly unlikely and that I had it so bad it was pretty obvious what it was (which is why they didn't do the swab).

Sorry if that was all overkill but I wanted to be as specific as possible...thank you for any help you can offer!
What is your question? Because you tell me everything that happened but never asked a true question on the situation.
I'm in the same category, it seems every times i perform oral sex with my girl, 2-3 days I get sick with strep sore throat. I've now currently have a strep for 3 days having been diagnosed with it yet but symptoms are there. As a child all ways been sick with strep, week tonsil. Now she seem to be fine, not sick, just have me questioning my self, is she not clean.... cause this don't make no since. Cause I don't get her sick...lol help
Start your own thread and your question will be answered.