STDs Community
Stressed out for over a year, please help.

This forum is for questions and support regarding STD issues such as: Chlamydia, Crabs (pubic lice scabies), Gonorrhea, Hepatitis (viral), Herpes, HPV, Molluscum Contagiosum, PID, Rectal Infections, Syphilis, Trichomonas, Warts, Yeast Infection

For questions and support for HPV/genital warts, please visit our HPV Community. For questions and support for Herpes, please visit our Herpes Community.

Please note, this forum does not cover AIDS/HIV issues. Please visit our HIV Prevention Community for information and support.

I will try to make this short. I am married, very faithful. My husband and I had a falling out about a yr ago, was told he was screwing around with a girl who has herpes (maybe other stds, I don't know). He denied all accusations. We got over it and moved on. This all happened last Nov. in April of this year, I got a severe yeast infection, I checked my lesions and there was none, took a diflucan, seemed to ease it, about a month later it seemed to come back, yet not as bad, I bought over the counter medicine, it seemed to help. About a week ago, I had yet another yeast infection, no lesions, a week before though I seemed to be extremely dry down below and slight itching, I then got a tiny small crack in my vuvla, it was red but not bleeding, didn't burn or anything, went away the next day. I had mild itching since April, so I don't know if I ve had this yeast infection that long and it just came back with a vengeance or what..?  I became obsessed with the fact I had an std that I was constantly checking my lymph nodes in my groin, which I can feel, but I'm 5'3 - 100lbs. They are small, but I touch them constantly and make them sore so I always think they are swollen. Now, last night we had sex, I had extremely light brown when I wiped and cleaned off after, very hard to notice, but I'm obessed with checking, but my period started today. It came on HEAVY! Bad cramps, some low back aching and a blood clot. I never get this when my period is starting, so I have been driving myself crazy for the last year that I have some kind of std. My husband has showed NO symptoms of anything and I know I can't go on symptoms alone. I don't have any insurance and my health department requires a copay. Please help :((( I'm driving myself crazy!!!! So stressed out!!!
Well it sounds like you dont care about yourself enough to get checked out.  You surely have something but you need to get up and go to that doctor co pay or not if you are not working you shouldnt have a co pay at a clinic and if you are your health is worth what ever the copay is and its probably not as much as you think and your husband needs to do the same cause he is more likely the one that give it to you it you never went outside your marriage.  And when you deside to start taking care of yourself and get your body clean start praying to god to change you and get your mind and heart clean.  Dont be stress get tested.  borrow the money if you have to and tell them you will pay it back some as you get your hands on it and pay it back!
I do care about myself and my health, so please, if you want to be rude, don't comment! Let me make this more clear, back in April I DID go to a dr. I DID get tested for all stds, I'm not sure if he rested for hsv 1 and 2. I was extremely concerned about HIV so I made it very clear I wanted that test! I cannot at this time go back there because I still owe money for those tests specifically! Everything came back negative! I am a worry wart, maybe a bit of hypochondria. I just wanted some insight, not someone telling me what to do with my life!
so what do you do now?  Once your period is over, go and be seen and get a proper exam and work up. make sure it is all a yeast issue you are dealing with. If you are having frequent yeast infections, they can help you better deal with that too.  Chronic yeast can cause the skin to thin and tear easily too.

Odds are you weren't tested for herpes when you had your std work up previously.  

It is hard when you don't have insurance but you need to still seek out medical care. I know money is tight this the year for most people but even if you have to pay a copay - you need to be seen and deal with this all.  

grace
Thank you Grace.
Also, I'd like to add. My husband still denies the accusation, but I was told from a good source that it only happened once. I know you can contract herpes through one time, but aren't the chances less significant? I scheduled an appt, but have a while until my appt. I also know that herpes can lay doormat for a long time, but my health hasn't been that great over the past year due to stress, surely I would have had an outbreak and my husband as well, since he has had two surgeries since then also. Hmmm...
correct - the odds of contracting herpes from an one time encounter are overall low.  It happens but not frequently.

contrary to internet myths, stress isn't really a trigger for most people when it comes to herpes.
I thank you for you help and kindness. I will still go to the dr but I think everything psychological on my part. I know yeast infections and herpes have similar symptoms. But the yeast infection medicine did work, it did relieve it within 3 days and was gone within a week and a half. I just hope if it does happen to turn out to be herpes or whatever... I can move on. I feel like I'm dirty :( .... And I know that's not the case, just a stereotype. At this point I've had myself thinking I've had everything, I thought I was losing my hair bc there would be a lot in the bath tub. I actually made my private raw from looking obsessively. Just want answers, hopefully soon.
Well, I know there isn't much more to say, but I got those cracks in my vulva again today. No bumps have been present. I am however sick, no so much like flu symptoms, but a sinus infection more or less (no fever). I don't seem to get theses cracks unless I stretch my skin pretty far to check it out. Is it possible to actually stretch the vulva skin and it crack? My dr appt isn't for another 6 weeks! And I tried to contact my health department and its a 2 month wait :|
stop poking and prodding!!! if the skin is already vulnerable to tearing, you aren't helping by stretching it!!!