STDs Community
Strip Club Encounter - Oral Sex - Cullingus

This forum is for questions and support regarding STD issues such as: Chlamydia, Crabs (pubic lice scabies), Gonorrhea, Hepatitis (viral), Herpes, HPV, Molluscum Contagiosum, PID, Rectal Infections, Syphilis, Trichomonas, Warts, Yeast Infection

For questions and support for HPV/genital warts, please visit our HPV Community. For questions and support for Herpes, please visit our Herpes Community.

Please note, this forum does not cover AIDS/HIV issues. Please visit our HIV Prevention Community for information and support.

I gave oral sex to a female at a strip club for about 5 seconds (mouth to vaginal) about 48 hours ago.

What should I do to help prevent any STDs?

I understand HIV is a very low risk and Syphillis (syphilis) and Gonorrhea are low risks, but I am not sure what this means in terms of percentages (i.e. 0.01%, 1%, or 10%)?

Also should I get tested, and if so when?

Finally, what are the symptoms I should look out for for the most likely STDs?

Thanks a lot,

Tim

There is nothing you can do post exposure to prevent an STD.
HIV is no risk
Syphilis is low risk in develped countries, lower risk in woman and with no sore it is no risk.
Gonorrhea would be very low risk.
Percentage...can't really put a definate number to it but less then .01%.

No need for testing. Combined with your low risk and the amount of time you did it, it's not worth worrying about.

Only symptom to look for really is a sore on your lip, but if you get sores then you really have no worries.
Thank you Vance.  

I do not get sores, so I will look out for sores for the next few weeks?

Now I understand I am low risk, and not to worry, but let's say I have something, then am I contagious now?

Depends on what you have. Say you have syphilis...that is only aquired by coming into direct contact with a sore so really no you are not. So the overall answer is possible but probably not.
So I should be about 99% care-free at this point?

Hopefully it is a lesson for all not to do something so stupid.

Feedback from others is welcome.  Thank you Vance.
I would be 100% carefree at this point.
Great, does anyone else have anything else to say.  This has been very helpful and I thank you for your feedback!
Hey don't you know I am the authority on the board. What I say goes...nah just joking with you. AJ might because to give you more insight.
Yes, I know you are THE authority, but I am very very concerned and additional feedback from AJ or others would also help.  Thanks Vance!
I agree totally with Vance.  For such a brief encounter, I would be very surprised if you got something from it.

Don't panic, and you don't need to spend time searching your mouth for sores or anything.  If you get a sore, and I sincerely doubt you will, you'll know it.

Thank you Auntie Jessie.  This forum is awesome.

I wish people were more aware of these things before making stupid decisions, but no matter this is very helpful.

Now you agree the chances for me to get any STDs or related problems are less than .01%, correct??  This is my last question.
I got that .01% number out of the air. I had a situation similar to yours months and months ago and I went through and found out how many people had gonorrhea in my area then cut that in 1/2 for men and woman. Then I figured out the total population and got the percentage. It was something like .00001% that I could have gotten it. So just to help you I gave you a number but in reality it is going to be lower then .01% like mine was. The risk for all practical purposes is zero.
Oh yeah - higher math and he just pulled it right out of the air.  ;)  My eyes glazed over.

I don't know if that's an exact number, but its darn low.

Aj

thank you all.