STDs Expert Forum
Stripper's club

The STD Forum is intended only for questions and support pertaining to sexually transmitted diseases other than HIV/AIDS, including chlamydia, gonorrhea, syphilis, human papillomavirus, genital warts, trichomonas, other vaginal infections, nongonoccal urethritis (NGU), cervicitis, molluscum contagiosum, chancroid, and pelvic inflammatory disease (PID). All questions will be answered by H. Hunter Handsfield, M.D. or Edward W Hook, MD.

Stripper's club

I had been to stripper clubs . She gave me a hand job  for which she used saliva for that
and then she touched her vagina and she might have had vaginal fluids on her hand and immediately she gave me hand job again .

1) Could you please let me know if i'am exposed to genital herpes  HSV-1 or HSV-2  in this manner .
I never had HSV-1 nor HSV-2 as i had tested before this event happened .

2) In many places in the internet they have mentioned that Herpes can spread through secretions  
and also through autoinoculation when herpes can spread to different parts of the body , just when the hand touches
eye or other parts .

3) So when it can spread within the body itself will there not be a high probability that i have might have received it   through her saliva or vaginal fluid transferred by hand .

4) I'am not sure if i had any cut in the penis at that time . Will this increase the risk ?

5) After a month i see some three very minute pimples . I also see 2 parts of the skin broken kind of torn .
Is this a symptom of herpes ? These pimples are not itchy nor cause any pain . I have some pain
because of the broken skin .

I have taken herpes IGG test and am waiting for the result . I took this test  4 weeks after the exposure .I plan to get tested after 8 weeks  will it be conclusive or i have to wait till 12 weeks .

Welcome to our Forum.  By the fact that you have posted this question here and on the Herpes Expert Forum and on the Herpes Community site it is quite apparent that you are very anxious about this exposure.  My guess is that guilt is a major contributor to your anxiety.  I also note that you have been searching the internet for information--bad idea.  While there is much useful information available on the internet, much of it is also taken out of context or a bit unbalanced and some of it is just plain wrong. If you want good information on HSV, I would suggest you look at the American Social Health Association web site.  It is excellent and factual and will provide information to supplement what I am about to tell you, what Terri will tell you and what you have already heard on the Herpes Community site.  

Let's now get to your questions.  Transmission of STDs, including herpes from one person to another on their hands after touching their genitals or mouth is extraordinarily rare and while I suppose it is theoretically possible, I have never seen of such a thing happening on over 30 years of working in the field of STD therapy and management.  It really is not something for you to spend as much time and emotional energy on worrying about as you appear to be doing.  You do not even know if your partner had either HSV-1 or HSV-2 and you have not had an outbreak suggestive of genital herpes in the month since your exposure.  Most persons who develop lesions of genital herpes do so within 2 weeks of their exposure.  In addition, I predict that when your blood test results are available they will be negative as they were before. This too will be strong evidence that you did not get HSV since blood tests for HSV at 4 weeks detect over 75% of infections persons who have never had HSV.  Taking all of these facts into consideration you should be confident that you did not get HSV from the exposure you describe. In fact, personally, I see no reason for you to get further blood tests and if you do, I am confident they will be negative.

Here is my advice:  Try not to worry ..  There is very, very little reason for concern.  I predict this blood test will be negative, as will future ones should you choose to repeat them.  EWH

0)  I forgot to mention after 31/2  weeks i found a red spot on the head of penis . It was not parining nor itchinig . I went to a a doctor she said it's not herpes but my worry is why did such a spot come after 3.5 weeks  .Now it's almost 5 weeks but the red spot is still there .  Could this be some STD ?
YOur docotor has told you this is unlikey to be an STD. You should believe her. EWH
Hell Sir ,
Thanks for the expert comments
I will get back to you on Tuesday with the results .
Just one more question i noticed there was a small cut two days after this incidence happened.(That's when i had been to the club ) .I'am not sure whether this was already there or it had happened there or happened later .

Do you think this might increase the risk  ?
No, this in no way changes my assessment. EWH
I got the results after 4 weeks exposure both negative and also Igm negative  but i see that Igm is not considered reliable and also the time frame is too short .

The thing that worries me most is after this club encounter i.e 3-4 days after that i noticed that there is a open wound . But i 1-2 days earlier i had shaved . I'am not sure was this wound because of shaving machine i used or an ulcer might have developed and it could have broken when i had masturbated after 3-4 days after that encounter .

And after a month i noticed that there is an wound almost at the same place but i had checked that skin a day earlier and nothing was there and after two days i see there is a wound . I was  not sure why this happened because of abrasion or some other infection or herpes  ,  Should it not require time to develop ulcer and then after some time break open . Can this happen that fast ?

This lead me to think i might have herpes  .

Do you think i should wait for 2 more months to be conclusive  or a test at 8 weeks would be conclusive ?
I normally freak out for every small thing .I just want to forget this incident and move along .

Thanks.
While an initial HSV lesion might appear as early as 4 days following exposure there is little to suggest that this is what happened. The lesion you describe would be atypical for an initial episode of HSV, you have 2 excellent alternate explanations (shaving and masturbation) and you have a negative HSV IgM test (the problem with the IgM test is false positives), your negative test again makes it still more unlikely that you acquired HSV, particularly following activities which were so low risk.  I suggest you accept this result as further indication that you do not have HSV or for that matter any other STD related to the exposure.

Let's end this thread now. No further "could this be" questions.  You had a virtually no risk exposure and have no evidence of infection.  it's time for you to put this behind you and more on.  EWH
Thanks for the comments Dr . I just want to rule out the possibility that the lesion which i saw 4 days after the encounter was not herpes . Could you please answer this last question as how does an initial herpes lesion look like ?
I will describe what i  remember almost 6 weeks ago . It looked like the skin was removed and it was circular  and clearly visible . After i saw that lesion i didn't take a look at it afterwards .

I know this description is quite insufficient but can herpes lesion also be like this  or how different will an initial herpes lesion be .

I won't  ask you anymore after this .

Thanks once again .
Lesions of herpes start as small blisters which go on to form shallow ulcers. they tend to occur in clusters.  EWH