STDs Community
Swollen Lymph Node In Groin

This forum is for questions and support regarding STD issues such as: Chlamydia, Crabs (pubic lice scabies), Gonorrhea, Hepatitis (viral), Herpes, HPV, Molluscum Contagiosum, PID, Rectal Infections, Syphilis, Trichomonas, Warts, Yeast Infection

For questions and support for HPV/genital warts, please visit our HPV Community. For questions and support for Herpes, please visit our Herpes Community.

Please note, this forum does not cover AIDS/HIV issues. Please visit our HIV Prevention Community for information and support.

Swollen Lymph Node In Groin

Hello, I wanted to address a problem that I have encountered.  There has been a lymph node that has swollen up in my right groin area, almost in the gooch area.  It has been swollen for 2 weeks now and I'm starting to get concerned.  It was tender for the first couple of days, but it is no longer tender.  I'm not sure if its an STD, infection in my lower body, muscular injury, or cancer.  Any help or comments would be greatly appreciated.
you need to be seen and get a proper exam to find out what is going on.

have you had a new partner for sex recently?

grace
I've just had sex with one girl and I took her virginity and she took mine, but other that that I've had no other sexual contact with other girls.
not likely this is a std going on then.

did you use condoms for sex?
For a while yes, but she eventually got birth control and i stopped using condoms.