STDs Community
Swollen lymph in armpit for weeks

This forum is for questions and support regarding STD issues such as: Chlamydia, Crabs (pubic lice scabies), Gonorrhea, Hepatitis (viral), Herpes, HPV, Molluscum Contagiosum, PID, Rectal Infections, Syphilis, Trichomonas, Warts, Yeast Infection

For questions and support for HPV/genital warts, please visit our HPV Community. For questions and support for Herpes, please visit our Herpes Community.

Please note, this forum does not cover AIDS/HIV issues. Please visit our HIV Prevention Community for information and support.

Swollen lymph in armpit for weeks

So I have had a swollen lymph in my armpit for over 2 months now. At first it began right after shaving but when it did not go away after a couple of days I felt around and there was a hard knot in my armpit that is not present in the other armpit. It was painful at first and then stopped hurting but was still there. Two months later and it still has not gone away or decreased in size. Today I noticed I had a pain in my armpit again and when I looked in the mirror there is a red spot and it is tender to the touch where the redness is. For about a week now I stopped using store bought antiperspirant afraid that might be causing it to stay inflamed and switched to baby powder to help with the moisture issue and do to my other issue I have been on high dose of ibuprofen for a couple of weeks. I had benign fibrocystic lumps in my breast when I was a teenager that went away but have felt some small nodules around the base of one of my breasts recently. Lastly I have HSV I & II and HPV and had precancerous cells removed from my cervix a few years back. Is it likely this is related to malignancy/cancer?
not likely this is related to anything cancerous. have you seen your provider yet since this has been there for so long?

I assume you've been following up with pap tests regularly too?

grace
Have an STDs question?
100,000+ doctor answers