Swollen lymph nodes in groin - STD-related?

I am a 22 year old man and had unprotected sex for the first time about 3 and a half weeks ago. A couple of days later I started to experience soreness in my right thigh and thought that it was due to exercise. About a week later, I started to feel some pain in my lower right abdomen and along my ribs. About a week and a half after unprotected sex, I started to feel pain in groin/hip area and proceeded to find that I had a swollen lymph node in that area. Thus, I have had pain in my thigh/groin/hip/abdomen for the last week and half. The pain has decreased over the last couple of days but it still there. Although the pain has decreased, I now have a sore throat and occasionally feel slight pain in my ears. I had never had unprotected sex before and have never felt symptoms like these before. Im really scared that I might have been infected with hiv or another std. What might be causing these symptoms? Im really scared so please help me!

This discussion is related to Swollen lymph nodes in groin - STD-related?.
I can't think of one std that would be causing these symptoms, but it sounds like you need to get checked out by your doctor.  I'm not at all sure why you haven't already - it sounds pretty miserable.

Aj
Actually, it could very well be and STD. Sorry to say. Lymph nodes are swollen due to trying to fight off infection of some sort, most commonly viral or bacterial. Viral symptoms are usually what you have described. Go to the doctor, and research STD symptoms to see if you have any others, if you have not done so already, so when you see your physician you will make sure to mention any symptoms you have.
AJ was talking about all those symptoms put together is not STD related. Also this is an old thread, no need to comment on it now. If you want to answer questions feel free to do so but just current ones please. And please be accurate with your answers.
is everything related to HIV? for christ sakes i come into al these forums, and if someone has something as little as a sore throat, everyone attacks that person claiming they have HIV!! Once you are diagnosed as being HIV positive, it is equivalent to being given a death sentence, according to many sources. The way the internet makes HIV sound, makes one believe that this is an epidemic threatening life!! lets all be come A-sexual and never engage in sex again, and devote ourselves to self stimulation to satisfy sexual desires!!!