Syphilis - VDRL & TPHA Positive - Guide line needed
by Ommich, Jun 15, 2013
Hi all !
Following is all my circumstances and questions.

I am a resident of Pakistan and currently is working here
I wanted to move Gulf for Job.
Recently, I got a job in Saudia Arabia.
In my medical test here in Pakistan as a part of visa processing.
I am diagnosed for Syphilis, both tests VDRL & TPHA are reactive (report is not showing any additional information like any value or duration of this infection etc)
So I am declared UNFIT to work in Saudi Arabia.
As I always had unsafe relations but I never had any of the Symptom, so just to double check the results, I had my VDRL test again and it was Positive (again it didn't show any additional information so that I know how older it is etc)
I have consulted my doctor and treatment will start today.
I hope things will be fine soon.

My Questions:

1- VDRL report only show its positive. I want to know which stage of Syphilis it is. So guide me for any specific test that shows how older this infection is and whats its intensity.

2- If I have Syphilis of Primary or Secondary stage, after starting treatment how long it take to get all tests negative?

3- If I have Syphilis of 3rd or 4th stage, after starting treatment how long it will take that all my tests will start showing that I am Syphilis free?

4. What is the percentage in which there is a chance that even after treatment, Syphilis will keep on showing positive in my tests of VDRL through out my life ?

5- What the specialist doctor called who treat specifically for Syphilis?

additional question :
If you know any Gulf country that allow people with Syphilis to work, please name it.

Thanks and warm regards in anticipation for all the participants in the discussion
Member Comments (3)
by diver58, Jun 15, 2013
This is not an STD forum. Consult any doctor in Multan (you have very good medical facilities there including a teaching hospital also). These STD's are completely curable and you can come back to normal health quickly.

Avoid quacks, only consult a qualified doctor.
by diver58, Jun 15, 2013
Any physician can refer you to a doctor specializing in VD or sexually transmitted diseases
by Ommich, Jun 16, 2013
a general medical consultant recommended me following treatment for Syphilis

evofix 400MG . 1 tablet daily for 7 days
Hipro (ciprofloxacin) 500MG. 2 tablets for 7 days

do you think it all will work fine. or there is some more effective treatment

thanks in advance for your time