STDs Community
Syphilis

This forum is for questions and support regarding STD issues such as: Chlamydia, Crabs (pubic lice scabies), Gonorrhea, Hepatitis (viral), Herpes, HPV, Molluscum Contagiosum, PID, Rectal Infections, Syphilis, Trichomonas, Warts, Yeast Infection

For questions and support for HPV/genital warts, please visit our HPV Community. For questions and support for Herpes, please visit our Herpes Community.

Please note, this forum does not cover AIDS/HIV issues. Please visit our HIV Prevention Community for information and support.

Syphilis

yesterday i received RPR test report, and syphilis is Reactive, and titer 1:2 what this means ? and Dr. recommeded , BENZATHINE PENICILLIN 1.2 million / nuits per week for 6 weeks, its really very hard injuction, but after 15 min I relexed , and feel better today too, so what is your opinion, if i need any medician with this injection , Please reply, and what is 1:2 its mention on my test report,

and my wife RPR result is non-reactive, but i cant understand how i get this desese, and syphilis STD desese , so , how can i protect from Syphilis in future ? i usully using condoms, and my wife pregnent (8 monts) , and her all tests clear from any desese, i honestly say that i m not involved any commercial sex activity, in my hole life,

Please advise

best regards

you need to consult with your doctor regarding your questions about the test and any meds.

Syphilis is an STD so you would have had to had sex with someone who has syphilis to get it. If you've had sex with any one but your wife then you were at risk for STDs. If you haven't been with anyone else and your wife tested neg. there is a possibility you had a false Pos. but you would need to retest to find out.
I always using condoms from 5 years, but when we decide for baby then from Sept 2009 to JAN 2010, I was not using condoms, but after she pregnant on JAN ,  I am using condoms till now, so its possible, when her menses germs, infected me.

And on Dec 2009 I donate blood on Agha Khan Hospital,  its clear from any blood infection.
I want to diagnose that, when was I infect from Syphilis?  but I remembered  near about 2 and half years back, little red spot appear on my shoulder back, but after one months its removes, so if I infected from 2 and half years before, its symptoms should be upper, why she was not infected?   but I don’t feel any pain or rash, on my body, and is Syphilis curable ? Please Help , I want to know everything, to protect my family,

Best regards,

You have to come into direct contact with a syphilis sore. Before your wife did you have unprotected sex with anyone? If you did then that is when you might have gotten syphilis. So your wife would be negative because you have not been infectious to others in years.

But the number of 1:2 is pretty low for an infection that you would have had for several years. My guess is that you had a false positive. I would ask the Dr for another test.
Its possible when I was donating Blood on 16 July 2010, I got syphilis, means using infected syringe, because my RPR titer is 1:2 its very low infection on my blood, if I got syphilis very log time or years , my titer should be increase.
Is titer 1:2 Represent for duration of infection, or  how long u r infection from Syphilis.
Please reply,
After the Treatment of Syphilis BENZATHINE PENICILLIN 1.2 million / units per week for 6 weeks, but after 10 days the TPHA test result still Positive, i m really very worried about it, what should i do next ? or should i TPHA Test after 6 months?

Please Help
You should work with your Dr. The medication probably has worked but the test is going to stay positive for a while but the number associated with it will drop over time. For example the 1:2 will drop.
Thanks for your comments but Y i should work with Dr. its a joke? :) so before treatment , my titer was 1:2, so i hope after 6 moths test will be negative

thanks again
What is a joke?
i cant understand, that ( You should work your Dr. ) so thats why i said may its a joke. i m working as system / Network Administrator, so i dont information regarding above

thanks
I have no clue what you are saying.

I said you should work with your Dr in reguards to treatment and testing.
after the treatment i took opinion to another Dr. he told me that your treatment has completed u don't need more medication, and u have  very low level syphilis, but its show positive in report for a while, but after 6 months, retest again then it will be negative.
6 months before , my TPHA test result Positive, so how long , syphilis virus or antibiotics can active in my body ? However I have treatment 6 months before, BENZATHINE PENICILLIN 1.2 million / units per week for 6 weeks.
Please advise me that will I test again of TPHA? If its again positive what I do next?
I'm not sure exactly what you are asking. have you had repeat syphilis testing?
6 months before , my TPHA test result Positive, so how long , syphilis virus or antibiotics can active in my body ? However my treatment completed 6 months before, BENZATHINE PENICILLIN 1.2 million / units per week for 6 weeks.
Please advise me that should I do test again of Syphilis ( TPHA)? And how long medicine active in my body?
your vdrl might be positive for a long time.   your tpha should be negative. if it's not, they repeat it a few weeks later and look at the results to compare them.

the antibiotics are out of your body within a few days after stopping them.
21May14, i donate blood to someone, but RPR reactive and VDRL 30%, but my treatment completed 4 years before,  BENZATHINE PENICILLIN 1.2 million / units per week for 6 weeks. and i promise i did not involve any sex with other, but only my wife she's RPR negative, my Dr. Treatment start with BENZATHINE PENICILLIN 1.2 million / units 3 days on daily basis, after 3 days Azithromycin 250mg 2 Cap one day and 5 days regular basis.

my Question is VDRL 30% means ? how to know that syphilis completely remove ? and this treatment is enough ?  how time to take recovery ?
August 2010, i donate a blood, and Report i was found that i got syphilis RPR Reactive 1:2, so mu per week for 6 weeks. i asume that  the treatment was suceefuly, but i was wrong,
On Sep 2014, the RPR Test result reactive titire was 1:32, Dr. recommended  BENZATHINE Penciliin 2.4  per week for 3 weeks, on January 2015, RPR test reactive and titire reduce to 1:32 to 1:8, and no need for treatment.
but April 2015, RPR test show 1:16, how its possible, but my partner, RPR , TPHA, Negative,  i  didnot sex to any one,
pls advice
August 2010, i donate a blood, and Report i was found that i got syphilis RPR Reactive 1:2, so mu per week for 6 weeks. i assume that  the treatment was successfully, but i was wrong,
On Sep 2014, the RPR Test result reactive titre was 1:32, Dr. recommended  BENZATHINE Penicillin 2.4  per week for 3 weeks, on January 2015, RPR test reactive and titire reduce to 1:32 to 1:8, and no need for treatment.
pls advice
As you see your Tier number keeps dropping meanign you are cured, Grace wrote that you may see this as a positive number for a while.
On August 2015 my RPR test result reactive titre was 1:16, not fall, so, Dr. recommended  BENZATHINE Penicillin 2.4  per week for 3 weeks.
on Jan 16, i test again RPR become Non-Reactive, TPHA positive, its a good news for me, so i was really very happy, but on 25 Mar 16, RPR test result gain Reactive, how its possible ? i never involve in sex, and using condom with my life partner, Pls reply,