STDs Community
Syphilis Chancres

Ask questions, get support regarding sexually transmitted diseases (STDs): chlamydia, crabs (pubic lice scabies), Gonorrhea, Hepatitis (viral), Molluscum Contagiosum, pelvic inflammatory disease, rectal infections, Syphilis, Trichomonas, yeast infection. For HPV/genital warts visit HPV Community. For Herpes please visit Herpes Community.

For AIDS/HIV issues, please visit HIV Prevention.

Syphilis Chancres

I had unprotected oral/penetrative sex with a working girl 22 days ago. For the last few days I have been aware of an ulcer in my mouth situated on soft tissue below the gum. The UIcer/Chancres is about 2mm diameter, flat, soft with concave center (grey in colour)  painful to touch and also sensitive to food/hot/cold water. I have no other symptoms

Reading up on Syphilis it seems that a typical Chancres is pea size, hard and red/brown in colour.

My questions:
How common is a single Chancres inside the mouth as a primary syphilis symptom
Does this Chancres (as described) seem a probable indication of Syphilis  
If not Syphilis could this be symptomatic of Herpes or some other condition

1. If you get syphilis then you wold get a single canker at the point of infection.
2. In all likely hood it probably is not syphilis due the 2 factors. 1. Syphilis is rare in developed countries and due to your writing I assume you are not in a 3rd world country. And 2. Syphilis is rare in women.
3. Herpes is possible.

Since you had unprotected sex it is wise to test for all STD's and HIV.