STDs Community
Syphilis Chancres
About This Community:

This forum is for questions and support regarding STD issues such as: Chlamydia, Crabs (pubic lice scabies), Gonorrhea, Hepatitis (viral), Herpes, HPV, Molluscum Contagiosum, PID, Rectal Infections, Syphilis, Trichomonas, Warts, Yeast Infection

For questions and support for HPV/genital warts, please visit our HPV Community. For questions and support for Herpes, please visit our Herpes Community.

Please note, this forum does not cover AIDS/HIV issues. Please visit our HIV Prevention Community for information and support.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Syphilis Chancres

I had unprotected oral/penetrative sex with a working girl 22 days ago. For the last few days I have been aware of an ulcer in my mouth situated on soft tissue below the gum. The UIcer/Chancres is about 2mm diameter, flat, soft with concave center (grey in colour)  painful to touch and also sensitive to food/hot/cold water. I have no other symptoms

Reading up on Syphilis it seems that a typical Chancres is pea size, hard and red/brown in colour.

My questions:
How common is a single Chancres inside the mouth as a primary syphilis symptom
Does this Chancres (as described) seem a probable indication of Syphilis  
If not Syphilis could this be symptomatic of Herpes or some other condition

Thanks