STDs Community
Syphilis Diagnosis
About This Community:

This forum is for questions and support regarding STD issues such as: Chlamydia, Crabs (pubic lice scabies), Gonorrhea, Hepatitis (viral), Herpes, HPV, Molluscum Contagiosum, PID, Rectal Infections, Syphilis, Trichomonas, Warts, Yeast Infection

For questions and support for HPV/genital warts, please visit our HPV Community. For questions and support for Herpes, please visit our Herpes Community.

Please note, this forum does not cover AIDS/HIV issues. Please visit our HIV Prevention Community for information and support.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Syphilis Diagnosis

Hi Doc,

I have a question regarding a possible Syphilis infection. More than 3 months ago I had oral sex with a random guy  (I gave him a blowjob) and 23 days later I tested reactive for VRDL (titer up to 1:8). I did confirmatory tests 2 days later. The VDRL/CMT  was 1:2 Titer, The t-pallidum IgG was positive while the t-pallidum-IgM was negative (I assume those are the FTA-ABS). The results interpretation of the confirmatory tests was as follows. Antibodies against Treponema pallidum detectable but negative markers of activity (CMT,T-pallidum IgM). Early cured lues or Therapeutic finished lues.  No signs of active lues.

More than 2 months later (i.e., 3 month after exposure), I retested and VDRL and RPR were both positive while TPHA was negative. Note that I never had any symptoms of Syphilis (i.e., No chancre or rash) and never tested for Syphilis before my exposure and hence never had any treatments.

Thanks a million for your help with this. I have seen so many doctors in two different countries and no one seems to have a clue what's going on.
3 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
101028_tn?1348750963
I removed your other post since it was the same as this one.   also this isn't the doctors forum.

I'm going to double check with someone I now who is much better at syphilis than I am but it appears that you are having false positives.

grace
Blank
Thanks a lot. I appreciate the help so much.
Blank
I would like to also add that my father has psoriasis ... I think I have inherited it from him though it seems to be very mild in my case (i.e., almost asymptomatic except for very few spots on my elbow that come and go)
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
STDs Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
The 3 Essentials to Ending Emotiona...