STDs Community
Syphilis Question

This forum is for questions and support regarding STD issues such as: Chlamydia, Crabs (pubic lice scabies), Gonorrhea, Hepatitis (viral), Herpes, HPV, Molluscum Contagiosum, PID, Rectal Infections, Syphilis, Trichomonas, Warts, Yeast Infection

For questions and support for HPV/genital warts, please visit our HPV Community. For questions and support for Herpes, please visit our Herpes Community.

Please note, this forum does not cover AIDS/HIV issues. Please visit our HIV Prevention Community for information and support.

Syphilis Question

Nearly 10 months ago i had unprotected sex with a woman for a limited amount of time and now for the past 8 months i have been in a monogamous relationship relationship with a different woman. we have both (to the best of my knowledge) stayed truthful and committed to one another. Some time last week i noticed a red zit like bump on the lower part of my penis's shaft. Thinking nothing of it i blew it off as a zit, but as i look at it more and more, and try to research it online by myself, i am really frightened and worried it could somehow be primary syphilis (if that is possible this late after contact). Anyways i went into the clinic for a check up and i gave them a urine and blood sample in order to get tested for all STDs. 24 hours later i got a call saying your tests came back negative, but due to my reception i could not hear anything else and i tried saying "hold on i can't hear you give me a second" but 5 seconds later the nurse ended the phone call. I was unable to call them back since they called from a restricted number, but i was wondering, could it be syphilis in the first place? does the information the nurse gave me include only my urine sample results and should i be expecting another call for my blood test? Also if it is not syphilis, what could it be, i did form what seemed to be a white head, i popped it and pus came out followed by a small amount of blood I looked for ingrown hair but there are none that i see, granted it could be all inside the bump (since i do shave). Also the bump has never been an open sore, it has always been just a bump, it never secreted fluid by itself. So in the end should i be as panicked as i am now?
Have an STDs question?
100,000+ doctor answers