Syphilis RPR
Hey, I'm a pretty healthy 26 year old male. So I had some unwise sexual encounters with a few women years ago. I went in for STD testing recently, no sexual contact for a couple of years so no need to wait and see. Everything came back okay except my RPR test which came back reactive at 1:1.

So I scheduled an appointment with a local doctor and she told me the reactivity wasn't high enough and that I did not have syphilis.

I recently found out most doctors ask for a FTA ABS test to double check if the RPR was a false positive. While I was talking about my test results with the doctor at the time, I asked if I should get another test to confirm if it was syphilis. She said no, that I was fine.

I have not had any of the noticeable symptoms of syphilis and I know syphilis can be symptomless.

Do you think the doctor was being lazy and I should demand an FTA ABS test? I've been googling around and most people who have a reactive RPR and have syphilis tend to have high reactive dilutions of RPR such as 1:16 or 1:64. Nowhere near 1:1.
It looks unlikely you have syphilis and no symptoms for 2 years is also encouraging.  If it were me I would get tested one more time just for 100% peace of mind.  Id probabpy go to another testing centre also.  
Probably the best idea. I won't be able to get around to it for a few weeks, but after two years that won't make a big difference. A simple blood test isn't that serious and it would let me sleep a bit better. I just wish the doctor hadn't been so sure I didn't need another test when all she could have said was yes and had the nurse take blood.